Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Another sex question?

All my friends have children around the same age as my DS.  We were all watching football the other day and sex came up and most of them said they only have sex on "special" occasions and I even heard a few of their husbands "jokingly" say they don't ever have sex.

I was kind of shocked!  We don't have sex all the time anymore but we cuddle alot and we have sex at least once a week usually.  Is this the norm once you have kids?  I guess I just have the mentality that sex is important.  I feel that if my husband isn't getting it from me eventually he might be tempted to find it somewhere else ykwim?  Maybe I'm just that insecure lol...

How often does everyone else have sex?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Another sex question?

• I'd say on average 3x a week, which is about the same as it was before DS. (Except when TTC lol). The only difference is we can't just do it whenever we feel like it. We have to go to wait til DS is in bed or napping or whatever.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we go in spurts.. sometimes 4 to 5 times a week... DH LOVES those weeks...then we will go a couple weeks without.  No reason why really...Sometimes it depends on DD... if she teething, then we usually don't  sleep means to much then... then again if we're both awake... why not??

• Loading the player...
  • We've had similar conversations with friends and I kinda thought the same way! We usually have sex 2-3 times a week. Every once in a while we'll go a week without when things are just nuts, but I think its an important part of the relationship that needs to be maintained! My SIL and BIL are like 3 years younger than us and they were saying they are lucky to do it twice a month. I about died.

• I agree with you, it's very important!!  We have sex 2 or 3 times a week. And I feel like you too, if he's not getting it from me, he will be more likely to get it somewhere else...because I think I would feel like that if I wasn't getting it from him (of course, I have always been more like a man in this department, where I want it more than a lot of other women I know)
  • Our sex life has gone something like this:

Dating & Engaged - 3-4 times/week (sometimes more)

Once we got married - all the time (we were also TTC)

Once I got KU - it slowed down to 1-2 times/week since I was tired all the time

Once DS was born - it slowed WAAAAY down to once every other week maybe b/c I was healing from a c-section, we were running on little sleep, etc

Once DS started STTN around 8-10 weeks it started picking back up to 1 time/week and gradually became more frequent.  We're now TTC #2 so needless to say it's been back to 3-4 times/week.  I agree that sex in a marriage is important and even if you're not "in the mood" you should try to give it a go.  Usually once you get started it ends up being good & fun!  DH and I always seem "closer" in our relationship when we're having more sex.  Wonder why that is!?!?  Stick out tongue

I know last time I asked my BFF about her sex life she said it wasn't good...they were only having sex once every month or so.  I thought that was crazy!  Especially since they're not even married or have kids yet!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say at least once a week, on average.  We know that it's something we need to work on doing more because, like you, we both agree that intimacy is important.  We used to have a "sex pact" that required sex once every other day and "special time" on the days in between where we devoted at least an hour every evening with no TV, no internet, no cell phones and we just played a board game or something.  It was actually pretty great, lol.  But then DH went away for work for a few days and it fell through.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • 2x a week usually.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have gotten bad..i have NO sex drive since DSSad and DH has been under a lot of stress. We try to have sex once a week, I know he would like it more its just hard for me. I feel the same as you, if he never gets it at home Id hate for him to go else where! So when he brings it up I try to always say yes..

• yes Im always shocked when I hear this too. Dh's  and my friends with kids are always making comments how they never have sex anymore. We do it at least 5 times a week and I cant imagine it any other way???

• We have sex at least 3 times a week, usually more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • as often as we can.. but in between workn school  and the lil one teething no so often. but we try to make time for it at least 2x a week. if she isnt teething it is game on
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"