3rd Trimester

Version?

Just got back from the Dr.  I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.  LO has been head down all along and has decided to flip this past week. I am scheduled for a version on Monday morning.  Does this hurt?  Has it caused anyone to go into labor?  Thanks for any input..

Re: Version?

• I just had one Monday (13th).  I posted on here and saw a few other posts about version.  For me, it FING hurt.  I did some Lamaze breathing and gritted my teeth through it.  I remember at one point I had to put my hand behind my head because I was afraid I was going to reach up and sock the Dr.  I let them try 3x and after that I was done.  She wasn't moving and was actually pushing back.  I am now scheduled for a c-section next Monday (20th).  I am relieved to know I will be done being preggers but not real happy about surgery.  The recovery time is gonna suck....I hope that this helps. 
  • I had one on Friday. It was painful but not unbearable in the least- I needed some deep breathing and H's hand to hold to get through it. I would do it again, no question.

They give you terbulatine to relax your uterus and monitor you for a while after to make sure it didn't cause too many contractions, then I was told to take it easy for a few days.

My advice- drink TONS of water between now and then- TONS. At 38 weeks you'll need all fluid you can get to be able to turn LO.

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the reply.  Is this your first baby?  I have had 2, but no C-sections and this is one of my biggest fears.  Dr. said since I've had children the version should be successful.  I guess I'll find out on Monday.

• Thanks for the reply.  Is this your first baby?  I have had 2, but no C-sections and this is one of my biggest fears.  Dr. said since I've had children the version should be successful.  I guess I'll find out on Monday.

Good

Good luck

Good luck with

Good luck with your

Good luck with your C-section. 
  • Thanks for the reply.  Is this your first baby?  I have had 2 children, but no C-sections and this is one of my biggest fears.  Dr. said since I've had children the version should be successful.  I guess I'll find out on Monday.

Good luck with your C-section. 
  • Computer messed up...sorry about that.  Anyway, thanks to those that have responded.  Hopefully it will be successful. Dr. told me to get down on hands and knees with chest to the ground and butt up in the air and maybe LO will turn on his own.  We will see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"