December 2010 Moms

C section mamas...

How are you sleeping, I mean position-wise?

I CAN NOT seem to get comfy unless I am sitting up. And of course it isn't good sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: C section mamas...

• How long ago was your c-section? It took me a few days before I was able to sleep on my side, with pillows behind me and between my knees. Other than that, I was on my back.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had my section last Monday on the 6th...so we are 8 days post section.
  • Loading the player...
  • On my back propped up a bit. I tried to get on my side and it was excruciating! OMG! I'm also on the couch, not my bed yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just tried to lay on my side and it wasn't too bad..hopefully this is where CLJ starts to get better sleep. I bought a pillow with arms ( I say they are called a husband, but SO doesn't believe me). Anyway that is what I am currently sleeping with, my head just has NO support.
    I tried to sit/sleep on the couch but couldnt get out of it very easily. :(
  • I'm on our couch.  Ours has recliners built into it, so I sit down and then recline my feet.  I have pillows all around me and just kind of try to prop my head on the side with one.  I don't sleep well, but it is getting better.  One of the main things I was so excited about with the end of pregnancy was getting to sleep on my stomach again and snuggle with my hubby in our bed without all the pillows, and now I'm on the couch!  This will be day 7 past surgery, so I'm hoping it gets easier and easier.  This has been a good morning so far!

Last night I just let the baby sleep on my chest after I changed and fed him and I think it is the best sleep either of us has gotten since the hospital!  I didn't have to worry about him and he was snug and warm with his mommy.  We both slept for four hours between feedings and when he woke up he nursed for an hour!! Who-hoo!  We might try it again tomorrow night.

Also, Csection people, are your feet/legs swollen to where you can barely walk?  My doctors/nurses all said it is normal and it will get worse before it gets better, but I'd like to think it goes away soon right?  My legs and feet actually hurt worse than the incision...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am sleeping propped up in bed on my back too. I tried my side last night and it was still too uncomfortable. Also, my feet and legs are SO swollen too! It hurts to walk. I never swelled up the entire time I was pregnant and I think my body is making up for that now. My incision is sore but at least the Motrin helps that, my feet and legs feel like they are going to explode!!
  • Just able to start side sleeping in the last 2 nights.  She's 12 days old.

• imagerainydayluck:
    How long ago was your c-section? It took me a few days before I was able to sleep on my side, with pillows behind me and between my knees. Other than that, I was on my back.

It was at least a week for me before I could sleep on my side, and like you, I needed pillows. 

I also noticed that if I went more than 2-3 hours without getting up to go to the bathroom my whole stomach/uterus was in a world of hurt trying to get out of bed. 

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• oh MAN I didn't even think about not being able to sleep however I want!  you guys are scaring me!! lol
  • I'm sleeping on my back.  Initially I was also sleeping with the boppy under my knees because it was too uncomfortable to sleep flat.  Now I am sleeping without the boppy and ready to start sleeping on my side - just need to get better breast pads so that I don't leek all over our bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    oh MAN I didn't even think about not being able to sleep however I want!  you guys are scaring me!! lol

Yeah, the problem is it hurts like a beeotch to move your legs up and down on the couch/bed, and twisting kills! So trying to get on/off sucks ass. 

I also have found that if I don't get up for a while it is 5,000 times worse! Like last night- my awesome kid slept from 11:30-6:30! Woke once to eat and that's it. I was in so much pain when I got up it wasn't even funny!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I haven't had mine this time yet, but I wanted to suggest trying shapers underwear.  I remember from last time that they helped me SO MUCH!  Basically kept all the baby weight from shifting around.  You feel like a sausage, but the more you can keep baby weight off the incision the better you feel, if that makes sense.  For day time, I even had a corset type thing from a friend.  It was a pain in the butt, but it made me feel much better.
  • I don't think I could sleep on my side for 2 weeks and I'm still not completely comfortable. Tongue Tied
  • My first few days post op at home I slept sitting up in a lazy boy recliner..then I moved onto sleeping on my side..and now 15 days post op I can sleep on my belly again.  However, there are times when I wake up and the incision is a little sore if I sleep in a weird position.
  • Sophie will be 2 weeks old tommorow and I am sleeping on my side again although use a pillow to support my tummya still.  GL!
  • In the hospital I slept on my back with the upper portion of the bed elevated. My neck pillow was my bff. I slept on my back with a few pillows under my shoulders once I first got home but was sleeping on my side a few days later. I've been sleeping on my stomach the last few days (started about 9 days since C-section).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"