1st Trimester

HELP! Pregnancy Test question...

Hey, I need some advice and google is just not cutting it tonight!  I am supposed to start my period on this Friday.... I took a pregnancy test when I got home from work because I'm about to start antibiotics for a cold/sore throat and thought there was a chance I could be pregnant.  I took a first response early detection test and there was a faint line, but I didn't get to the test until about 10 minutes.  I ran to the store and bought an Answer test, took that, and it's negative..... just wondering about your thoughts/experiences.

Re: HELP! Pregnancy Test question...

• since its still before your pd is due, Id go buy another wait to test again in the morning, and read it right away. Id also buy a digital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know they generally say that a line is a line, but the First Response explicitly says not to read it after 10 minutes, so it sounds like you were right on the edge of that.  If it was longer than 10 minutes, I'd say not to trust it.  If I were you I'd go buy some other First Response so you know you are dealing with the same level of sensitivity and see what they say.  You may want to try tomorrow morning since FMU is more concentrated.  Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, at this early in the pregnancy, antibiotics are probably okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would take a test in the morning with FMU. Best of luck! Also, sometimes digitals take longer to get a positive out of.
  • Just FYI, the same thing happened with me with FR tests.  I had looked and didn't see a line so I tossed it in the trash.  About 20 minutes later I happened to glance in and could see a line!  I got another test, and it was negative.  Then about 4 days later I tested again since I still hadn't started my period and got BFP after BFP!!  If you have a faint line, there's a very good chance you could be pregnant so I would call your Dr. and double-check the prescription is pregnancy-friendly.  GL!
  • My husband I went through the same thing! I am glad to hear I am not the only one. I was so frustrated (as so was my husband). He kept giving me water and more test because all we could see was a faint line. He said he needed a yes or no...not a maybe haha. So he went back to the store and got a digital one the next day and that said YES - in black and white - no denying it. I would definitely recommend the digital ones so you can tell for sure but I have heard that they may not show a positive as soon as the others so you may need to wait a day or 2. I think that if you see anything...you probably are pregnant. Good luck!

• Thanks so much for the responses!  I literally caught the test right at 10 minutes, honestly because I wasn't expecting anything at all, so I wasn't timing the 3 minutes!  The line is very faint, but clearly pink and not a greyish clear color as I read an "evaporation line" would be.  I would only be 10 DPO today, which I know is pretty early.  I think I will wait a couple of days and test a morning pee.

Thanks again =) 

• The only HPT test I take are digital. ALlot easier to read. Good luck.
  • I test at 11DPO and thought it was negative but that night I looked again and I saw a very faint line so the next morning I test and BFP.  That day I went to my OB and she did another test and it was negative.  I was so bummed but knew that it was faint that morning and I had gone to the bathroom ALL day before that test.  No way I had waited 4 hours and plus I drank so so much water.  Got the Beta the next morning and it was 80 and still rising!  So confirmed BFP!  Test tomorrow morning with FMU.  I hope you get that BFP :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Take another test in the morning with FMU. It sounds like you tested again fairly quickly and that early in PG it takes a bit for the hGC to build back up in your urine. Believe me I know lol, positive digitals at home with FMU and then a negative regular HPT at the doctor's office an hour later, at about 4w. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"