July 2011 Moms

Pregnancy cravings are so odd.

I haven't had many cravings this pregnancy since the egg salad one at 4 or 5 weeks. But when I do have a craving? Holy moly is it strong.

The Mr. is going to the grocery store for me in a little bit so I can make the dip I want to eat with crackers. He's so nice. :)

J+C est. 6.22.08
Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pregnancy cravings are so odd.

• Tell me more about this dip you're planning on making.  I am having a dip craving right now myself!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yum! Egg salad sounds so good! Looks like egg salad sandwiches for dinner! Thank you:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1 on 10.30.10 spontaneous m/c on 12.28.10 at 12 weeks
    BFP 2 It's a girl! Born 1.18.12 at 39w
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJordan1234:
    Tell me more about this dip you're planning on making.  I am having a dip craving right now myself!!

It doesn't have a name (that I know of anyway) and it sounds gross, but when put together it is so freakin' delicious.

You take a block of cream cheese, a container of sour cream, and a splash of lemon juice (if you have it) and you mix it with chopped dried beef (about a 1/4 lb or so), bell pepper (squeeze out the extra juice or the dip will be green), and onion. I use a food chopper to chop everything up because it is easier.

Put in the oven at 375 for about 20-30 minutes or until it's hot. I eat it with butter-flavored crackers. It's not very healthy, but it's very good!

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd try it!  :)  I'm thinking of making jalapeno pretzel dip tonight...

cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos (no seeds), chopped olive, and dry ranch dressing mix.  Serve w/honey wheat pretzels.

Yum!  Wish I could come over and just have some of yours to save me the trouble!  :) 

• I was thinking about egg salad last night!!  My cravings are all over the place.  Today it's Taco Bell and last week it was fruit smoothies:)  When I get an idea in my head of what I want to eat, I will go to almost any means to get it.  My morning sickness has been horrific, but the cravings ease the nausea (temporarily).
  • Mmmmm makes me miss my beer pretzel dip: beer, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dry ranch dressing mix.

OMG yum. PS good job getting a craving satisfied?Yes

• imageJordan1234:

I'd try it!  :)  I'm thinking of making jalapeno pretzel dip tonight...

cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos (no seeds), chopped olive, and dry ranch dressing mix.  Serve w/honey wheat pretzels.

Yum!  Wish I could come over and just have some of yours to save me the trouble!  :) 

Yours sounds so good! I'll have to try that one next. :) Thank you for sharing! I love trying new things.

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJordan1234:

I'd try it!  :)  

I'd try it too! Anything with cream cheese in it, I am all over that Smile.

Yesterday we had an avocado and I thought that it would make perfect guacamole dip! So, of course I drove to the store to buy what I needed and let me tell you, it was yummy.

• I brought soup for lunch today ... but at about 11, I knew I had to have Olive Garden soup and salad. So I did. Oh well.
  • Luckily I crave a lot of fruits and veggies because I want to eat constantly! Although I was really craving egg nog last night and I actually had to run out and get some.
  • yum a dip sounds sooo good right about now!!! my cravings have been salads with everrryting imaginable on them with bacon dressing.. mmm! also green olives on cucumbers. But other than that all other food makes me want to run to the toilet. :)
  • OMG egg salad sandwiches sound SO good now!

Another really easy chips and dip that is delicious is a can of no bean chili and a block of cream cheese, microwave until hot, stirring every once and awhile. SO good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"