Babies: 9 - 12 Months

My christmas tree is dying... already! :(

When DH came home for his break yesterday, I asked him why our tree looked so sad and droopy. He said he hasn't watered the tree in almost a week! Then he put water in it. This is our first real christmas tree, and it's almost dead 2 weeks before christmas! How depressing! Is there any hope in saving it if we keep watering it???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My christmas tree is dying... already! :(

• real trees are a lot of work.  please please water it regularly...more fires start with real trees that are not watered.  

I don't know how to save it once it gets that far, but please don't go that long in between waterings..... 

• I hope you can save it.  This is the reason why I won't consider a real tree.  I would never remember to water.  And like PP said that is a cause of a lot of fires. 

Can you stick a watering can by your kitchen sink?  Maybe this would help you to remember to water the tree when you are washing dishes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedoggylovr:

real trees are a lot of work.  please please water it regularly...more fires start with real trees that are not watered.  

I don't know how to save it once it gets that far, but please don't go that long in between waterings..... 

This is why I got the most PO'd about it. He said he would water it regularly if we got a real tree, he remembers things better than I do. I couldn't even remember to take my prenatal vitamin daily unless DH reminded me. Oh well, I just won't turn the lights on and hope it still looks pretty on christmas.

• If you water it daily it should recover.  We've only ever had real trees and they are pretty hardy things.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• imagedhviel:
    If you water it daily it should recover.  We've only ever had real trees and they are pretty hardy things.

I was thinking about taking it down and putting up a fake one. I guess we will just wait and see what it looks like in a few days, and if it doesn't recover we will throw it out and put up a fake one.

• My mom told us to put sugar in the water, and our trees last until after New years :) Try that!!
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • imageHollywood214:
    My mom told us to put sugar in the water, and our trees last until after New years :) Try that!!

THANKS!! I will. I wish I knew that before!

• My family owns a Christmas tree farm so here are a few tips:

Do not put sugar in the water, it does nothing.

Yes, keep it watered.  If it ran out of water, the sap will have created a seal on the bottom of the tree and no matter how much water you put in it, it will not drink anymore.

If you bought a precut tree, then the tree probably came from Canada and was cut in September so it is probably dead anyway.

Be careful now that it is drying out!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"