2nd Trimester
Options

Paint colors? Any ideas for neutral?

Any colors that you recommend for a neutral nursery?? Creams, Grays, Blues?

Re: Paint colors? Any ideas for neutral?

• Options

Do you have bedding in mind yet that you like?  I'd base it off of that.

Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware with the Right White for your trim!  We did this for our LO nursery two years ago and loved it so much that we did it to her new room after building our house.  STILL love it and will probably do the same for this one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did retro avocado and riviera beach (which is just a brown beige):

• Options
    imagekebmtm071605:

Do you have bedding in mind yet that you like?? I'd base it off of that.

Ditto. Our nursery is a celery color, but that's just because it matches the bedding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did a yellow color, it looks cream in this link but it's yellow..We  had Behr color match it though,b/c I don't like Valspar paint.

https://beehivestudio.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f9cbc5e8834010536b3cf2f970c-pi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the silver sage. We have it in 2 rooms in our house already and picked out silver sage/chocolate brown bedding for the nursery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    well yellows and greens are an obvious choice, but what about a latte colour, or a smokey grey???
  • Options

We did Martha Stewart Whetstone Gray and Sharkley Gray in our living room.

Very nice neutral grays. 

• Options

I love taupe. Grays tend to be too cool or have colored undertones (pink, green or blue) and beiges tend to bee to warm or orangey, like bad foundation LOL. Taupe is like a neutral mix of both. Our dining room is Taos taupe- it's my fave room in the house, and I think we're going with a lighter, grayer "hampshire taupe" in the baby's room.  Both are by Benjamin Moore.  I also adore "paris rain" aslo by BM... it's my bathroom color (with white trim) and I get so many compliments on it. It's a grayish beigey green. It would be gorgeous with pinks as an accent, or more earthy colors for a boy.

FWIW, I didn't want a blue nursery because everything coming into it will be blue, plus I have a huge fear that the gender u/s was wrong (no reason, just paranoid) I wanted to keep it neutral even though we're expecting a boy. Our furniture is dark brown, so I want a lot of white accents to lighten it up. We decided on gray, white, chocolate and baby blue for our color scheme.  That way if the u/s was wrong and he is a she... swap out the blue blankies and teddy bears and replace them with pink ones  :)

good luck decorating!!!

• Options
    We had painted the room we're using for our nursery a deep blue a few years ago.  I didn't want to change it up, so I decided to keep it blue and use cream, beige, etc. to soften it up.  We're doing a counting sheep them.
  • Options
    Dark brown bedding with white polka dots, taupe walls and orange accents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"