1st Trimester
Options

How many weeks am I really?

By my first appointment my doctor told me I was not even 2 weeks yet because she couldnt see anthing on the screen besides a thickening uterus. By my second appointment 2 weeks later, a differen doctor ( of the same office) tld me that I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I took a blood test on that day and was old by the nurse, when i called 2 days later to get the results that i am 6 weeks pregnant. When i go on these pregnancy websites and type in the due date I was given by my second appointment, which is July 22, 2011, they say I am 7 weeks. HUH?????? I have an appointment tomorrow and will hopefully be able to clarify.

Re: How many weeks am I really?

• Options

I meant to write July 29th 2011 not July 22. sorry for the mistake Smile

• Options
    imagethisgurlrox55:

By my first appointment my doctor told me I was not even 2 weeks yet because she couldnt see anthing on the screen besides a thickening uterus. By my second appointment 2 weeks later, a differen doctor ( of the same office) tld me that I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I took a blood test on that day and was old by the nurse, when i called 2 days later to get the results that i am 6 weeks pregnant. When i go on these pregnancy websites and type in the due date I was given by my second appointment, which is July 22, 2011, they say I am 7 weeks. HUH?????? I have an appointment tomorrow and will hopefully be able to clarify.

To be "not even two weeks" would mean that you and your H hadn't even had sex yet. Perhaps he meant not two weeks gestational age, which would make you "not even four weeks" That makes more sense.

Then, two weeks later if say you were originally 3w5d, then yes it would make some sense that the second doctor would say you were about 5 weeks (5w5d if you use my example) and then two days later yes, it would make sense to be 6 weeks. 

Basically, your first doctor used a confusing term, I think. I also think it's best for you to go by the due date they gave you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

According to this, you are 7w4d.

https://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php?month=7&day=29&year=2011

I'd just go with that until someone clears it up for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    From my experience, the first vaginal ultrasound is the most accurate for due dates. Go with whatever that tells you. And congratulations!
    Soon to be a mom of 7! Guess who's in the market for a 12-passenger van!
  • Options
    I would go with the date that you added up until your first ultrasound. It will be the best way to determine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"