Nurseries and Baby Gear

Walker for small baby

My 4 month old is tiny she wears 3 month outfits but really enjoys being held up so she can "walk." Anyone know of a walker that has a really low adjustment?

Re: Walker for small baby

• Do stores still sell those in the US?  They are illegal in canada.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I believe I read that walkers are not recommended for safety issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejanecanadian:
    Do stores still sell those in the US?  They are illegal in canada.

Yes, stores still sell them.  I wouldn't buy one, but they're still available.

OP - I'd recommend looking into an exersaucer or jumperoo instead.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Do not get one.  They are unsafe and bad for baby's development.  Plus, 4 months is WAY too young for a walker!  Like the pp said, the exersaucer or Jumperoo would be better.  Or nothing at all.  When she is ready to stand on her own, she will do so and it won't be for several more months at least.
  • imageelemar:
    Do not get one.  They are unsafe and bad for baby's development.  Plus, 4 months is WAY too young for a walker!  Like the pp said, the exersaucer or Jumperoo would be better.  Or nothing at all.  When she is ready to stand on her own, she will do so and it won't be for several more months at least.

Agreed. I work with physical therapists at a children's hospital. 4 months is way too young. Most PTs won't recommend jumperoos or exersaucers at all. It's Ok for short periods of time when your baby is older but not at 4 months. It can cause hip dysplasia, as well as, does not promote appropriate standing and walking skills.

i do it for the joy it brings, because i'm a joyful girl, because the world owes me nothing, and we owe each other the world - ani d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"