Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How many ounces per day for 6 month old?

How many ounces of formula or breast milk does your 6 month old eat per day?  I have just started supplementing with formula because my supply is a little low and I really don't know how much my little guy should be eating.

Thanks!

Re: How many ounces per day for 6 month old?

• Well my little guy is 5 months. . but he was doing up to 36 oz before we started solids.  Now he does four 7.5 oz formula bottles and one tablespoon of rice cereal + a plop of a fruit or veggie a day twice a day.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD will be six months this week.  She gets four 8oz bottles, 2T oatmeal, a cube of fruit and a cube of veggies each day (I do my own baby food in ice cube trays.  I would guess each cube to be about 1oz).
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby will be six months old tomorrow.  She eats 4 - 6 ounce bottles a day and she also has cereal and a couple ounces of apple juice once a day.
  • Breastfed babies take an average of 2.5 oz of milk per feeding all the way through their first year.  If your supply is getting low and you are still wanting to breastfeed try pumping instead.  Supplementing with formula will only decrease your supply more since breastfeeding works by supply and demand.

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html

Great info for low milk supply! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"