Babies: 0 - 3 Months

loves to be held!! help!!

So my 1week old is such a good eater, but only sleeps when held.  I have tried the swing, bassinet, and bouncer and he just cries after awhile.  the moment i pick him up he is happy and sleeps...what do i do o0r try bc the nights of no sleep r getting to me and i can do anything cause he is aloways in my arm....any suggestions will help!!!!

Re: loves to be held!! help!!

• Swaddling worked wonders for me.  I recommend renting "the happiest baby on the block" it's only 30 minutes long and gives good instruction. It's on netflix.
  • I agree with PP about Happiest Baby on the Block.

A tight, tight swaddle and the swing on top speed worked for both of my boys. 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I could have posted this myself this week. I also watched Happiest Baby On the Block. He's calmer so he eats and sleeps better and longer! He's spent the last two nights sleeping in his bassinet thankfully! I've gotten anyone of sleep after every feeding and I'm grateful.
  • our lo did the same thing. The ped. suggested putting him in his car seat swaddled up.  It's amazing!!!  Usually i have to wake him up for feedings!  He also suggested putting a night light on next to him, bc we found that he would be wide awake when it was dark out. Good luck!
  • happiest baby is my lifesaver. i want to send dr. karp flowers!
  • You might consider a baby carrier like a wrap or sling.  Your LO can be held and you can be hands free to get stuff done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still leaves the long, long night.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"