Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Two completely unrelated things I cannot comprehend

1. Why do people say they can't make a URL clicky on a mac? I have a mac and have never had an issue. (Phone is a different story...)

2. Why do Bumpies call other Bumpies "mama"? You are not my mother. I am not your mother. We should not be calling each other "mama". 

Re: Two completely unrelated things I cannot comprehend

• Are you a mom? I'm a mom... its a general term. If your LO is sick and you need advice me saying to you good luck mama.. well it is kind of obvious isnt it? I never thought it would bother anyone. Just my own opinion though.
  • imageabeer26:
    Are you a mom? I'm a mom... its a general term. If your LO is sick and you need advice me saying to you good luck mama.. well it is kind of obvious isnt it? I never thought it would bother anyone. Just my own opinion though.
    Totally agree. I find it very odd that you are bothered by using a title that we all have. We are all mommas. Now if I were to start calling you Big Papa....
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLCB34:
    imageabeer26:
    Are you a mom? I'm a mom... its a general term. If your LO is sick and you need advice me saying to you good luck mama.. well it is kind of obvious isnt it? I never thought it would bother anyone. Just my own opinion though.

Totally agree. I find it very odd that you are bothered by using a title that we all have. We are all mommas. Now if I were to start calling you Big Papa....

LMAO!

BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLCB34:
    imageabeer26:
    I love it when you call me big papa.... Sorry- had to!!!
  • My DD had to be in NICU for 4 days and then in the pediatric wing for 2 after she was born and the nurses in the pediatric section always called me "mom", like, "do you need anything, mom?" "is that ok mom?" ect.  it bugged me so bad.  However I think the mama references here are cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLCB34:
    imageabeer26:

haha please do this from now on!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagerochella:
    imagebrittlandk:

2. Why do Bumpies call other Bumpies "mama"? You are not my mother. I am not your mother. We should not be calling each other "mama". 

I have done it to congratulate Bumpies who had had their babies.... a simple "congrats, mama!"... because they got a new title, one of which they should be very proud.

I guess it is a little silly. :P 

I can understand this, and wasn't bothered the first few days home when visitors referred to me as mama... but there are some on here who address almost every post to "mama"! Becomes kind of meaningless (and annoying) if you do it every.single.time.

• Totally with you on #2.  I look forward to hearing DS calling me that, and I don't mind when my husband calls me that when we are discussing or talking to DS, but I really dislike being called Mom or mama or whatever by just about anyone else.  It bugs me when people call me that IRL and on the Internet.  I am not your mother.  While I love being a mother, I have a name, and I am more than a mother. Then again, I don't like hearing adults say 'mama', period.  It's cute on babies, but when adults say it, it just freaks me out.  I'm probably utterly insane.

• I'm with you on the mac thing, I've always been able to clicky link.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Sorry I must not invest my earnest efforts on the bump, for my mac ain't making anything clicky. If that infuriates anyone, please pretend my non-clicky post is invisible. k thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLCB34:
    imageabeer26:

Good Morning Papa!

Ahahahha.. too funny...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"