Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Christmas present question for new parents

My best friend had a baby 4 days ago. I'm proud to report that she had a successful natural childbirth and everyone is healthy and feeling good. I've got a Christmas present for the new baby, but what about the parents? I don't want to get them something baby-related. I would like to get something for them to both enjoy together. Any ideas come to mind? TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Christmas present question for new parents

• Perhaps a gift card for their favorite restaurant with you babysitting for them the night they want to go.  Especially the new mom will need to get out at least once soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDiva416:
    Perhaps a gift card for their favorite restaurant with you babysitting for them the night they want to go.  Especially the new mom will need to get out at least once soon!

I've thought about that, but we live 3 hours apart, so no night of babysitting. Gift card is a possibility though. Please keep the ideas coming!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What about a spa day for mom?  Like a gift certificate for a mani/pedi?

As for dad, I have no clue. lol

BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Spare time!! 

Seriously, anything you would have gotten them before the baby arrived.  If you're looking to get them a baby unrelated gift, provided they didn't do skydiving or something like that, they would love anything you would have gotten them if they hadn't just welcomed their LO.  If you would have gotten them a book, get them a book.  If you would have gotten them a bottle of wine, give them that.  They will appreciate that people remember their pre-baby interests.

• Have food delivered, i.e. honeybaked ham, harry and davids fruit, etc.  With a new baby, I was tired and hungry and it was great to have a day when I didn't have to cook.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"