Natural Birth

Pee-pee teepees...

also posted on 0-3 Babies board...

Any moms of baby boys actually use these?  Or something like them?  I've had a lot of people tell me that my boy will likely try to spray the walls during a changing.  If you have found them to be useful, what brands and how many should I stock up on? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pee-pee teepees...

• They're a novelty gift.  Waste of money.  Too small to cover anything.  We used CDs, so I just used a washcloth/wipe or prefold to cover him. They out grow that quickly anyway.
  • People had suggested to me to just keep lots of baby washcloths on hand at the changing table and use those to cover them. Believe it or not, I have made it 23 months with two baby boys and have not been sprayed a single time! After the first few months I didn't bother trying to cover them anymore b/c it just wasn't an issue. I usually let them air out for a minute or two before putting the clean diaper on. Maybe I just got lucky? :) (There was ONE time that one of my boys did pee with his diaper off but it went straight forward so I didn't get sprayed and it didn't even get on much of anything.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't have any. At just over 4 months, J. has peed without a diaper various times. It's happened during diaper free time. I don't care about that, as he lays on CDs for it.

It has happened a couple of times during diaper changes. But I always have cloth wipes/diapers there to cover things. So it's never been a problem.

Really, he's only peed on me right after being born!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister also just put a washcloth over her sons when changing them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely a waste of money ;-)

Kiddo never really peed much during changes - I'd just hold the diaper over him a bit before removing it fully to let him adjust.  

He did shoot poop across the room once - ha!

• We never used them with DS. He peed all over the place twice in almost 3 years. One of those times was while getting weighed at the doctor's office so a peepee Teepee wouldn't have done any good anyway.

I don't think a boy will try to pee on anything. If they pee, they pee. I usually just laid a diaper over him while I was changing him if I was worried, but really, it was pretty rare.

• Waste of money. Just use a wash cloth or something else of that sort of thing.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • imageschoolsoutbride:
    They're a novelty gift.  Waste of money.  Too small to cover anything.  We used CDs, so I just used a washcloth/wipe or prefold to cover him. They out grow that quickly anyway.
    This exactly except maybe the part about outgrowing it.  Apparently DS enjoyed it too much! 
  • Probably a dumb question, but what are CD's? I'm thinking C is for changing but I'm drawing a blank on the D. 
  • imagenavygirl90:
    Probably a dumb question, but what are CD's? I'm thinking C is for changing but I'm drawing a blank on the D. 
    Cloth diaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"