Babies: 0 - 3 Months

warning!! TMI!! (lower body issues)

Alright sorry for information overload,I just so over this!! I had my baby over a month ago and I thought that I would be healed-up by now. But after peeing on myself AS I was jogging-guess not!!

Here's my issues (I have many but I will give you only 2! lol )

I can't hold my pee in when I sneeze,jogging or even laughing! I have to wear a pad as I jog even after I pee just before I head out. When I return,the pad is pretty full.

I have been doing kegals (m/s?) but I can't even stop my pee! 32 years old and peeing on myself...

which brings the last part...my tailbone is about cracked because i can't sit on my butt!! When is my butt h*** going to fully heal?? I'm still "inside" out a bit...nice (not)!

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL?? Is running 5 miles a day hurting the healing process?

Thanks for any insight...=)

Re: warning!! TMI!! (lower body issues)

• I have read/heard that too much exercise that early on can hinder the healing process.  My dr. didn't clear me for exercise until 6 weeks pp.
  • My doctor limited exercise to walking and kegels for the first 6 weeks. I would think 5 miles/day is a bit much - unless your doctor has approved. Keep doing your kegels.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs.  I wasn't cleared for exercise until 6wks.  I would think that the high impact of of running 5mi/day may just be too much pressure on things down there right now.  I would focus more on core exercises for the next few weeks and see if that helps.  The snissing, etc gets better, but never fully went away for me and is now worse after #2, but getting better as the days go by.

As for the bum-hole thing, that never went away either and got worse after #2 as well (that part was never painful for me, though)...ah the joys of having a baby.  No one ever tells you these things! 

My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my you definitely should not be running that much yet! Take it easy and give your body a break!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Holy crap, you should seriously be taking a break from exercising that much. What your body went through is equivalent to having been in a major car accident. And at only four weeks postpartum, you won't see immediate results in healing. Keep doing those kegels and slow down on the running.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Definitely, definitely ease up on the running.  Running is pretty high impact, and can be risky even for people who aren't recovering from a traumatic physical event. 

Also, since I have a 1 1/2 month old and I'm jealous of it- how on earth do you find the time for all that running?

• Thanks ladies,going to back off the jogging..a little =)  Been jogging for the last 6 years and 5 miles seems so low plus I want to lose this extra "jello" quick! 

Have a doc. in a week,will ask again!

happy hoildays Big Smile

• imageomfg_itsbridemary:

Definitely, definitely ease up on the running.  Running is pretty high impact, and can be risky even for people who aren't recovering from a traumatic physical event. 

Also, since I have a 1 1/2 month old and I'm jealous of it- how on earth do you find the time for all that running?

it takes me 46 mins to jog 5 miles (longer for me to get READY to go jog,than jog!!grr) So,husband-jogging stroller-treadmill whatever works! I will add that sometimes it feels that was the only thing I could get done for myself in a day (showers are a given!!!!) Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"