1st Trimester

this makes me angry!

i work with a woman who's pregnant with her 2nd LO.  she drinks at least 3 diet Mt Dews a day and chugs green tea like it's going out of style and i never see real water touch her lips.  it can't be good for that baby to have that much caffeine pumped into it!  people make comments to her all the time about it and she just blows them off.  this baby is going on 36 weeks of this :-(
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: this makes me angry!

• I don't think this is anyone's business but her's.  I can see why you disapprove, and it sounds like you're not alone, but I'm surprised it makes you "angry!"  She's not smoking crack (at least as far as you know).  Now that would be cause for anger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I worked with a lady who was having a very hard time getting pregnant.... Long story short, she ended up adopting two little girls and then got pregnant.  One would think she would take extra care of herself and baby since it took so long to get pregnant.  Well.. she was still smoking and drinking coke every day.  Poor baby!

• Loading the player...
  • imageCandyIsGood:
    I don't think this is anyone's business but her's.  I can see why you disapprove, and it sounds like you're not alone, but I'm surprised it makes you "angry!"  She's not smoking crack (at least as far as you know).  Now that would be cause for anger.

because she also acts like being pregnant is the world's biggest burden on her and she just wants the nasty baby out of her. she's done nothing to change her lifestyle for the health of her baby.  she tells people she's only having a 2nd baby because she doesn't want her 1st to be an only child.  and when she had her first, she told people she didn't want the baby.  that, my friend, fuels the anger. 

• Those comments certainly do sound like cause for anger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a hard time judging pg women that still smoke. I don't even know what an addiction like that feels like, so I try not to feed into those feelings, but after reading the post about her comments, that would just add to it and make it worse for me. :(
    After 2 miscarriages and a pre-term birth (34 weeks gestation due to PROM), our healthy baby girl is growing up fast! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    3 more miscarriages and finally a correct diagnosis (septate uterus) and a corrective uterine surgery later, our second blessing is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't judge because it's none of your business.

I got the "looks" when I was at my OBGYN office with a Starbucks in my hand. First off, it was friggen decaff and 2nd...we are allowed to consume coffee. 

I get judged on what I eat, how much I run...it's friggen annoying. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebargar18:

because she also acts like being pregnant is the world's biggest burden on her and she just wants the nasty baby out of her. she's done nothing to change her lifestyle for the health of her baby.  she tells people she's only having a 2nd baby because she doesn't want her 1st to be an only child.  and when she had her first, she told people she didn't want the baby.  that, my friend, fuels the anger. 

Well, this is much worse than some caffeine.

weddingpicjamessmallgracied
    Susan & Mark ... Married June 14, 2008 ... Chicago Area
    James Tomasz born 1-5-10
    Grace Dorothy born 7-13-11

PROJECT BALANCING ACT: BIO and BLOG- yeah... needs to be updated.
  • I agree about not judging.  Actually, the amount of caffeine in 3 soft drinks is still within the acceptable limit generally given by doctors.

• imageloanbpham:

I got the "looks" when I was at my OBGYN office with a Starbucks in my hand. First off, it was friggen decaff and 2nd...we are allowed to consume coffee. 

I get judged on what I eat, how much I run...it's friggen annoying. 

Amen to this.  I got some seriously weird looks everytime I went to spin class or played golf when I was pg with DD.  Like we have some sort of disability and we should just step into a giant bubble and not leave until the baby is born.  I got "looks" yesterday at my dr office b/c I was drinking a gingerale.  I never drink soda, caffeinated or not but my sister suggested it would help with my nausea and it actually really does so I'm all about it until it goes away.

• The other comments she made would anger me but the soda thing really doesn't.  I drank coffee with my last LO and I told my doctor I am drinking it with this one.  If I can't stay awake I can't work and if I can't work we don't eat.  Breadwinner needs her 2 cups of coffee lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I completely agree with you, this makes me angry as well, people have become complacent and talk themselves into thinking that their bad habits will not affect the baby.  It's ridiculous.  I hate hearing about women drinking massive amounts of caffeine, drinking alcohol, smoking or doing other things that are harmful to the baby.  And a lot of people use the excuse that their doctor said they could so it's fine.  It frustrates me that they don't care enough about their developing child's body to alter some of their behaviors. And as for those women who are telling you not to judge, they're probably doing some of these harmful things and don't want to admit that they are not altering anything during their pregnancy.
  • No, those women are telling her not to judge because its none of her damn business. Yes I am drinking soda, get the fvck over it, Im not pouring it down your throat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seriously?  It's soda and tea.  I'm sick of everyone thinking it's their job to police what pregnant women do with their body.  It's none of your business and it's not like she's snorting coke on her lunch break.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The fact that she was drinking Diet Mt. Dew wouldn't make me angry... it's her business.  Although those other comments she mad would make me half angry, half sad. 

We're allowed 200mg a day (I think that's the right number) of caffiene, and one soda (or at least one can of pepsi) only has like 30mg or something I believe.  Although I do feel bad for drinking soda... I only have about a can a week.. I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong because some people say 'NO caffiene' and some people say that a little is okay.  All I know is that one can of pepsi a week tastes SO GOOD.

• Oh sweet, the pregnancy police! 

I drink diet mountain dew every single day. I drink well within the safe limits for pregnant women. I dearly hope I have some judgmental harpie watching me and talking about it to others. Truly. Even if she is drinking it by the gallon it is absolutely none of your business, not even a little.  

• i agree with the first comment there are much worse things she could be doing. i knew a woman that did meth while preggo and nursing because she figured ppl wouldnt suspect her of doing it while preggo and nursing. THAT is something to get angry about. personally i dont follow any kind of food "rules". with my first i still ate sushi and med rare steaks. and she is just fine. ultimately it is up to the mother to be and what they can live with if one of their actions brings harm to their child. (minus drugs and alcohol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"