3rd Trimester
Options

HELP-What to pack in hospital bag for C-Section?!?!

I just found out I am going to have a c-section on the 20th.  If this was a normal vag birth I would have no problem packing my bag.  I've had 3 vag births but never a c-section.  I am planning on bringing undies, socks, 2 pair of sweat pants, a couple t-shirts and bra's.  I will bring my computer and a book.  I have a separate bag for the baby that I will pack 5-6 outfits in.

I am not sure how long I will be in the hospital for but I want to be prepared.  Anything I should pack that I may need??  I am sure there are things I am over looking so any suggestions are helpful.  TIA!! 

Re: HELP-What to pack in hospital bag for C-Section?!?!

• Options
    You will most likely be there for 3 nights, although most insurance pays for 4.  Make sure your sweatpants are not tight at all around the waist.  I didn't use any of the underwear I brought because it was too close to the incision...I wore the nice mesh ones they provide until the day I went home. I'd also bring some thin overnight pads for when you can upgrade from the hospital ones. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJulieBean767:
      Make sure your sweatpants are not tight at all around the waist.  I didn't use any of the underwear I brought because it was too close to the incision...I wore the nice mesh ones they provide until the day I went home. I'd also bring some thin overnight pads for when you can upgrade from the hospital ones. 

This exactly.  I would go so far as to recommend wearing a nightgown while you're there so you don't have anything remotely tight around your incision.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You'll be there for a while. Bring flip flops for the shower.
  • Options
    I was in the hospital for 48h after cs. The only thing you need to make sure you have is high undies and pants. Nothing low cut as it will mess with your incision.
  • Options

After my c/s I send DH out for a travel neck pillow because the only comfortable way to sleep was sitting up. Lying down pulled on my incision.

Ditto pps - high waisted underwear so the seam won't be on your incision. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree about the high waist underwear.  I felt like maternity yoga pants were perfect for after a c-section because the waist band is loose and wide and does not hit on the hips (closer to the belly button). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageemily&derrick:
    I agree about the high waist underwear.  I felt like maternity yoga pants were perfect for after a c-section because the waist band is loose and wide and does not hit on the hips (closer to the belly button). 

I find my maternity yoga pants are RIGHT on my hips. Not up above my bump at all.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

After my c-section I felt the most comfortable in high waisted panties and gaucho / yoga pants. 

I would also bring apple / prune / plum juice.  The constipation was the worst part for me.

• Options

What you are packing sounds about right. Except for the sweat pants. I would advise wearing those I would wear something that doesn't have a tight waist band. Also if this will help here is what I am packing..

1 - really cozy robe for walking the halls so I can stay warm. Hospitals are super cold.

2 - Really cozy socks. I hate hospital socks. 

3 - Slippers. The floors are hard and cold.

4 - Hair tyes. The last thing I want to do is have to be fussing with my hair. 

5 - Shampoo, Conditioner, Face wash, Chap stick, and Lotion

6 -  Note pad and pens

7 - Night gowns (2)

8 - Some nurse pants and a Big nurse shirt for going home.

9 - A game for me and DH to play

10 - A separate bag for all the free goodies they give you. 

Plus I will be taking my computer and cell phone and the chargers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"