3rd Trimester

Anyone else have a failed Induction??

My OB recommended I be induced to my blood pressure issues. I went in yesterday at 6:45 am. After 12 hours I was sent home due to no progress. I try again tomorrow morning and am wondering what will happen this time around, I'm scared I'll end up with a c-section.

Did any of you ladies get sent home and have a second successful induction?

Re: Anyone else have a failed Induction??

• I don't know if it's considered failed since I ended up with a kid... but I really didn't see it as a success.

Started induction at 2pm on a Monday.  Pitocin and a Foley bulb.   Foley took 17 hours to dilate me to 3 (at which point it fell out).

After 31 hours total on pitocin, a failed epidural, contractions only getting to 3.5 mins apart.   Dilating to only 5, and a cervix that was swelling... I was taken in for a c-section.

baby was born at almost 10pm on Tuesday night.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagestaycee:

I don't know if it's considered failed since I ended up with a kid... but I really didn't see it as a success.

Started induction at 2pm on a Monday.  Pitocin and a Foley bulb.   Foley took 17 hours to dilate me to 3 (at which point it fell out).

After 31 hours total on pitocin, a failed epidural, contractions only getting to 3.5 mins apart.   Dilating to only 5, and a cervix that was swelling... I was taken in for a c-section.

baby was born at almost 10pm on Tuesday night.

I would consider this a failed induction since you didn't fully dilate and your contractions didn't increase. 

I had a successful induction (with cervadil) that ended in a c-section. I fully dilated and my contractions were coming quickly and working. However DS's head was too big for my pelvis and he got stuck. He would have been a c-section whether I was induced or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't sent home, but my induction ended in an emergency c/s. 

Pitocin and water broken at 6:30am, they overloaded me on pitocin, so I didn't dilate.  Backed it down, still never got past 5cm.  Failed epi.  After 27 hours, the nurse had me push for 3 hours.  Then my OB came in to check on me and realized I'd never fully dilated.  My cervix had swollen shut, DS was stuck in my pelvis and having heart rate issues. 

• I went in on a Tues and got the cervadil.  The next morning they started the pitocin.  There were contractions on the monitor, but I didn't feel anything.  They stopped the pitocin at 7 pm.  I stayed the night and they tried again the next morning.

Still had contractions on the monitor, but felt nothing.  By lunch I had dilated to 5 cm so they broke my water.  At 7 pm there was no more progress so off I went to the OR.

FTR- they started the induction because I was overdue and had GD.  They were concerned about baby size.

• I have been induced for all three of my children.  It worked the first try with both boys but with my daughter it failed.  I went in on a Sat. and they tried for about 10-12 hours.  That night I slept in the hospital and was released the next day to go home.  I slept most of the day (Super Bowl Sunday).  I went back in on Tues. the 28th of January.  Four and half hours later I had my daughter.  At the time I didn't even know that inductions could fail.  It was a pretty miserable experience.  I had a hard time sleeping and I was sick to my stomach the next day because of the Morphine they gave me to help me sleep.  Say no to Morphine!!!!  Yucky!!  When I went back in it was a much better experience.  She was born so fast and it was a pretty easy delivery.  I hope this helps.
  • Sorry but mine ended with a c-section. Good luck!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"