January 2011 Moms

Bringing Baby home outfit

We live in Colorado and I expect it to be pretty cold when the baby comes. I am trying to decide on an outfit to bring the Little Man home in. What are you all doing?

Re: Bringing Baby home outfit

• I am so undecided about this.  Today I actually ordered a cute little onesie.  They personalize them.  It will say:::    

A Choate (my maiden name) & Collier (married name) Production / First Edition 

You can get with any name combo and any edition (1st, 2nd, etc...)

I may get a cute little jacket or coat to go with it and a hat.  Not sure yet though...

• I bought a fleece footie sleeper in newborn and in 0-3 month.  I have a little fleece coat for the little one too that I'll put on if it isn't too big to make the car seat unsafe.  I also have a car seat cover.  I figure I'll have DH go and warm up the car so the baby won't be affected so much since the car can be pulled up close to the door.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no idea. I was just looking through my newborn and 0-3 months clothing to help me decide. I think I might end up buying something special.
  • A long sleeved onsie under a pink sweater long sleeved/legged union suit with a matching hat, booties, and bringing a fleece blanket to cover her with from the door of the hospital to the car (which will be idling with the heater on in the driveway at discharge).
  • I have a cute sleeper with feets that zip up front, then putting him into a cute infant bear coat thingy, it has a hood with little bear ears on it, a pannel zips down the front of it and it has closed hands and feets. He should be super warm with all that on.
  • I got a long sleeved onesie with matching Ugg looking slippers and knitted beanie. It so cute. Slipers and onesie are from BRU, beanie from ETSY.  We were also given a pink winter bear sack thing at our shower that I might bring along. We only live 5min from the hospital tho and its a CA winter, very mild.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I still can't decide....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We live in San Diego, so we weren't as worried about bundling him up. I wanted something that would be a little loose so it won't bother the cord but something that still looked special. We found this at Strasburg Children:

imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea but it's not a big deal to me. It'll be a footed sleeper or something of that sort. Anywho, this post makes me so excited and anxious just thinking about having a baby and bringing her home!!
  • We got so many beautiful outfits at the shower that I will bring one in NB and one in 0-3. We received a gorgeous bunting from my grandmother and then we'll have the Bundle Me. It's going to be cold. This is all of course depending on how safe he is in the car seat. I didn't have to buy anything thank goodness. I think I even have the outfit I will change him into after his Christening with a matching blanket!
  • We aren't really doing anything special just a warm outfit and a snow suit :)
  • We found a cute little red dress to bring our daughter home in. I will put some tights on her and I'm trying to find some patent leather red shoes to go with the outfit. We figured since it would be around Christmas when she is bor, that it would be appropriate and super cute!
  • imageQueenB84:
    We live in Colorado and I expect it to be pretty cold when the baby comes. I am trying to decide on an outfit to bring the Little Man home in. What are you all doing?

I live in Colorado too and I think we must have almost the same due date. I'm due on Jan. 15th! :)

We got a cute little sweater romper outfit from Hanna Andersson. I think we'll layer a onesie underneath. 

https://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|7|1|156|5|6||

• imagevanessaNOV2:
    I have a cute sleeper with feets that zip up front, then putting him into a cute infant bear coat thingy, it has a hood with little bear ears on it, a pannel zips down the front of it and it has closed hands and feets. He should be super warm with all that on.

Sounds similar to what we have, and also a blanket to cover.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=54054&vid=1&pid=771648&scid=771648022

I figure with a long sleeve oneise on underneath, in addition to the JJ Cole Bundle Me on her carseat, she should be warm enough.  Right?

• imagehheyderh:
    I bought a fleece footie sleeper in newborn and in 0-3 month.  I have a little fleece coat for the little one too that I'll put on if it isn't too big to make the car seat unsafe.  I also have a car seat cover.  I figure I'll have DH go and warm up the car so the baby won't be affected so much since the car can be pulled up close to the door.

same as this

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do have the same due date! I can't believe how quickly it has flown by! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"