December 2010 Moms

39 weeks 6 day appt

I was thoroughly disappointed after hearing that I was 1.5 cm dilated right before Thanksgiving to no change last week. So, today I went in with the thought I might be spending NYE in the hospital @ this rate when dr. checked and I was 3 cm! She said looks like any day now! Now I'm still not feeling good bcuz I know some women can stay @ 3 for @ least another week or two....I really hate not having control Tongue Tied

Re: 39 weeks 6 day appt

• It is so interesting how different doctors handle these situations.  I am 39 weeks today.  I went in yesterday and had an internal.  No change from the week before which meant I was still closed tight.  No dilation, no effacement, baby hasn't dropped. 

That being said my doctor has already scheduled my induction for next Tuesday when I am 40 weeks.  I thought for sure they would let me go to 41 weeks, but she said considering I haven't had any progress she doesn't want to wait. 

I am surprised that doctors would let women go until 42 weeks.  Considering baby size and the placenta.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My whole pregnancy the Dr. has been firm on waiting 10 days past the due date to induce. They would rather see you go naturally and lower the risk of c-section.

However, as of my 39 week 2 day appointment I am a good 2 cm's and 50 %effaced and will cal the OB tomorrow to set up my inducing date for next week (mon-wed) most likely.

I look at is as, well at least there is a date set up, but if she comes earlier great!

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to the doc today, tomorrow is my due date. I am 75% effaced, not dilated at all, and at a -1 station. I was given an appointment to go into the hospital Tuesday night for an induction first thing on Wednesday morning. That day will be my 41st week. I am really praying she comes on her own before then though!

• Aww, yeah, it sucks not knowing when it's going to happen.  Plus you're almost 40 weeks and I think I'd be getting frustrated at that point too.

I'm only 37 weeks 1 day and I've been 3 cm since last Thursday.  No signs of labor yet and it's been almost a week =X

Did she at least tell you how far past your due date she'd let you go?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • everyone here seems to be getting checked, i had my appointment today and i am 39weeks and 2days, but i still haven't been checked. all i know is the baby has dropped and i am preying to god that my baby will be here soon. i also didn get told when i will be induced if i go overdue. everywhere must be differant.

• I didn't get checked until my 39 week appointment, so I think that is normal. A lot of people seem to be checked every week after 37 weeks though so I felt it was odd as well. I am suprised at the amount of ladies who are getting induction dates when they still have like two weeks to go though!
  • Just take a peek down at your ticker where it says patiently awaiting Stick out tongue

I know it's frustrating. I'm upon the eve of my EDD and barely get a contraction a day much less anything timable. Don't worry your LO won't be going to kindergarten via the uterus (although it feels like that at times!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"