Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

If someone other than you or your SO drops LO off at daycare...

how does that work?  DH and I would like to enroll DS in preschool next year but there isn't one around us that opens early enough for one of use to drop him off.  We also can't get off work in time to pick him up before school ends.

Would we just hire someone to come from 6:30 AM until drop off...and then from 4PM until we get home (around 5:30)?   Would we have to pay for the hours in between while DS is in school? (I would imagine not, but I'm not sure...all the moms I know in my are are SAHM's).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If someone other than you or your SO drops LO off at daycare...

• Options
    At my DD's preschool I definitely see nannies and babysitters who drop off and pick up kids, but I don't know if they get paid while the kids are in school though...My guess is not as well, unless you would like the nanny/babysitter to do cleaning and shopping or other housekeeper-type tasks.
  • Options
    I see it all the time! From grandmas to nannies and everything in between. I'm surprised you can't find one that opens early and closes late. DD's school is 630am - 630pm. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I nannied a lot in college and had a job that required me to drop off and pick up kids from school. I went to school during that time too and no, I didn't get paid while the kids were in school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHeatherAA:
    I see it all the time! From grandmas to nannies and everything in between. I'm surprised you can't find one that opens early and closes late. DD's school is 630am - 630pm. Good Luck!

Our shifts start at 7 AM, so our train is at 6:15.  I think the earliest we've found is 6:30.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our nanny takes DD to and from preschool most of the time, but my DD is only going 2 days a week and the nanny is her primary caregiver all other times while we are working and will be taking care of DS as well once I go back from mat leave.  So this is just part of her full time job.  I guess that isn't much help to you but I would think you could definitely find someone who could do drop off and pickup for you and only get paid for the time spent with your LO.
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you have any colleges or universities near you?  I think this sounds like a great job for one or two reliable college students.  I know several parents who hire babysitters for weekends/evenings as well as full and part-time caregivers for their children through our local university's student job board.

I think you should be able to hire someone for just an hour or two in the morning and evening to watch your DC for a bit and shuttle to preschool.  Since it's odd hours and only a few hours, you may need to pay generously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"