Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question for ladies with gallbladder issues

Hey ladies!

Recently I started having some pain underneath my right breast... below my rib cage.  I know I have gallstones, so that was what I thought it was at first.

This pain, though, is strange.  It's a dull ache that comes and goes.  It isn't the type of pain to double me over, and it doesn't appear to have any connection to what I eat.  (I ate nothing yesterday afternoon, and I still had the pain.)  Sometimes I even feel the ache in my left side, too.

I went to the doctor and he ran some blood work to see if there was a blockage in a duct.  Everything came back normal.  He said to come back if the pain started to double me over.

Does this sound like gallbladder pain to you?  Or something else?  I'm considering getting a second opinion, because the pain just isn't going away...  at the same time, I don't want to run to the doctor with every ache, either.  Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Check me out on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/ScogginsNoggins

Re: Question for ladies with gallbladder issues

• Options

This is just what I dealt with - so take it with a grain of salt. I had my gallbladder removed when I was twenty. My pain went up the entire side of my body from my hip to my ribcage but didn't always double me over.. but I was vomiting at least four to five times a day. It took three doctors to figure out what was wrong. I hate to say this, but it was so long ago that I don't remember what side the pain was on. I'm not sure how normal any of this is though, so again, don't take it as holy writ. 

• Options
    Sounds like it...I had mine out a few years ago. I had some dye test run and they figured it out from that. I am not sure what it is called, but you might want to ask for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I never felt it on the left side, but before I had my gallbladder taken out, I definitely felt an ache on my right side. It wasn't really painful, it was just kind of achy. It was right where my gallbladder was (under the rib cage on the right side), and it just felt like I could "feel" my gallbladder.. like it was swollen or something. It went away after I got my gallbladder removed, so I'd say your pain could definitely be related to your gallbladder.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"