Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I'm not the only one, right?

That has yet to leave LO alone with anyone including DH? I ebf with no bottles, so I'm with LO 24/7 & have been since he was born. I'm starting to feel DH & I need to go out alone soon & also I might need a little bit of alone time before I loose my sanity, but I can't help but feel like a horrible mother for feeling this way.I love my LO so much & I just don't want to leave him with anyone, but I need some me time :/ am I alone?? 1ht from iPhone.
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I'm not the only one, right?

• You are far from a horrible mother, you sound like an amazing mom but as a mom you are human.  Humans have needs like a little adult time or alone time.  You deserve it, don't feel guilty.  You will be a happier Mommy if you take these little time outs which is better for you LO anyway.
  • Completely normal!!! You are not a bad mom! After a little break you will be re-energized and that's what LO needs. Maybe do a quick dinner at like Panera or something in between feedings? Just you and DH.

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• Loading the player...
  • The first couple of times you leave LO with someone is pretty nerve-racking but it gets easier.  Maybe you can pump and then leave LO with DH and go catch a movie with some girlfriends or something just to get you out of the house for a little while.  And maybe once you're feeling good about leaving LO with DH then you can try leaving him with grandma or someone while you and DH go to dinner.  It is good for your sanity to have some adult time without the baby. 

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not a horrible mother, but I think it would do you some good to get some alone time. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You shouldn't feel bad! I can't imagine not leaving for a few hours here and there though, I definitely need to get away sometimes, a run at the gym, getting errands done, etc.

I too EBF with no bottles (though bc DD won't take them, not for lack of trying). So we go out in 2.5-3hr increments. I have yet to be able to feel like I have enough time to go see Harry Potter though, which is a huge bummer :-) But if DH and I didn't get out together sometimes we'd go nuts! My MIL is local and is wonderful and my mom watches her when we are visiting.  I don't know how I'd feel leaving her with anyone other than one of the grandparents or DH though. I'm definitely not there yet! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have been away from him twice for a few hours. It was nice. It was also nice to come back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was like that the first couple months, and then I got a taste of freedom Wink

I love DD, but sometimes, mommy needs a break.

Go treat yourself to something nice or go on a date night with DH. Just feed LO before you go!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're so not horrible!! It's all good. Every mom is different in this. I left DS alone with DH as soon as I could drive after my csection. I went to get a coffee and go to the bank. That half hour was the best I had had in months! We had our first anniversary 3 weeks after DS was born, so we went for dinner and left him with my mom for a few hours. Since then almost every week he has spent the night at one of his grandma's houses. It's good for all of us. I get a break and hubby time, they get time with baby and he gets to bond with them. Hopefully when it is time to leave him when he's a bit bigger it wont be an issue because he'll be used to both grandmas! :o)

• I've only spent a few hours away max, and she was like 4 or 5 weeks before I left her with someone else (DH, I left for about 30 mins and it was awesome and weird!). It's nice and much needed, but I'm always very eager to get back to her! However, I think it's good to have some "me" time and remember what it's like to be a person, on my own. I would say introduce other people earlier than later. For most of DD's past few months of life, it's just been me (DH is in the Navy and has been away for much of it). She is struggling now to go to other people for longer than 20 mins or so. She definitely only wants to be put down for bed by me or to fall asleep in my arms. Daycare told me she should be spending time with other people whenever possible, because now is the ideal time to do it. She starts daycare next week, and according to them this is a great point to get them adjusted to other people, because around 5-6 months it's much harder.
  • Oh wow, you should definitely get out! Even if it's just for an hour or so while Lo naps. I really need some space every so often without anyone even Dh, thankfully Dh understands and if he's busy I am licking enough to live only 30 or so minutes from my mom who will take her for a few hours
  • Oh honey, you need to get out!  It's HEALTHY to take a little time for yourself!  Like the others have suggested, leave LO with DH for an hour or so while you get out of the house.  My first time out was when DD was about 3weeks old and I ran to the mall to pick up some makeup I needed and then went to the grocery store.  Just running those few errands made me feel like a new woman.  You're not a bad mom for wanting to take a bit of time away, you'll be amazed at how much more it actually makes you cherish your time with LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're not a bad mom -- you're a great mom -- but you need some time away from LO!! Even if it's just going for a walk (or having DH take LO for a walk), I highly recommend some alone time. It will be good for all of you! I know it's hard though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"