Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What's your sleep theory?

I was contemplating waking up DS now so that by 10:30 or 11:00 I can feed him and put him down.  Lately nighttime has been rough and he won't let me get to sleep any earlier than 12:30 or so.  SO, let DS sleep thinking that sleep begets sleep, or wake him for some awake time before bedtime?  He started napping in the swing around 7pm....

Re: What's your sleep theory?

• I am definitely in the sleep begets sleep camp. Yesterday DD1 took a 3 hour nap (her usual is about 1.5-2 hours) and then slept almost 13 hours last night (usually 11-12). DD2 sleeps a TON during the day and still sleeps a good 6-7 hour stretch most nights. Let him sleep, IMO :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sleep begets sleep for sure. I am a firm believer that you never wake a sleeping baby (unless there are health concerns, etc.). Every child is different, but we followed this rule with DD #1 and made sure that we worked around her sleep schedule just like we work around her feeding schedule and she has been an excellent sleeper since about 3 months. 
  • I say sleep begets sleep all the time except in the evening. If I let him sleep too late, he won't go to bed till way late, so usually I have him up by 6 so he goes to bed by 9. Otherwise I say let them sleep.
    imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • I am not sure what my theory is yet, as my LO is only 11 weeks old. BUT I have figured out if I don't wake her by 10pm to eat then have a little wake time so she can go to bed by 11pm it can be bad. I tried just letting her sleep one evening and went on to bed, but she then kept waking up several times throughout the night instead of her usual one time in the night. If I feed her right around 10 or so then she'll sleep till 3am and then wake to eat and then again at 6 am. Lately though she has only been waking at 10pm long enough to eat then goes right back to sleep. I try not to let her sleep to long during the day, no more than 2 hours at a time so that she won't start staying up at night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"