December 2010 Moms

Who else is?

Just found out this morning im group b strep positive. Anyone else?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Who else is?

• I was not, but my sister was when she had her LO.  I believe the only thing that is different is that you have to have an antibiotic in your IV during labor/delivery.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes. Found out I was positive too.  Same as PP's.  Just going to be on antibiotics and to go to the hospital when water breaks and not labor at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, just found out today that I am + too. I was with the trio also, so no one is too surprised.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • My doctor told me that i would need antibiotics when in labor to prevent LO from catching it, but it doesn't always prevent them from getting it. When i got home i made the mistake of looking up what complications it could cause in LO. Indifferent  Bad idea.

" Infants infected with the bacterium either at birth or by their seventh day of life are diagnosed with early-onset GBS, which can lead to inflammation of the baby's lungs, spinal cord, or brain; meningitis; or sepsis. It is also a frequent cause of newborn pneumonia."  Tongue Tied

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I am, again.  I had to be induced the first time and they let me labor for awhile w/o an IV.  But I eventually got an epidural and that's when they started the antibiotics.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagesccheerbabe09:

My doctor told me that i would need antibiotics when in labor to prevent LO from catching it, but it doesn't always prevent them from getting it. When i got home i made the mistake of looking up what complications it could cause in LO. Indifferent  Bad idea.

" Infants infected with the bacterium either at birth or by their seventh day of life are diagnosed with early-onset GBS, which can lead to inflammation of the baby's lungs, spinal cord, or brain; meningitis; or sepsis. It is also a frequent cause of newborn pneumonia."  Tongue Tied

Why oh why did you post the complications on here!! It's only going to freak people out. I'm positive too, I'm not worried...until I read your post. Thanks a lot.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am due the day after tomorrow and found out a few weeks ago that I have it too. I didn't think anything of it because my philosophy the whole pregnancy (I was high risk the first five months) has been less is better. I don't read too much about anything that could potentially be bad. I got home and looked it up, I freaked out. I am with you on the possibility being so scary. But I have talked to some people and I am trying really hard to stay positive and just go with the flow. Once (if) your water breaks you have to get right to the hospital. They put you usually on Penicillin, which I am highly allergic to, and you are on it through IV the whole time. Other than that, they say it is just better to know and I have never heard of anyone actually having an issue with it. Good luck though!
  • imagejessiesnwbrd:
    imagesccheerbabe09:

My doctor told me that i would need antibiotics when in labor to prevent LO from catching it, but it doesn't always prevent them from getting it. When i got home i made the mistake of looking up what complications it could cause in LO. Indifferent  Bad idea.

Why oh why did you post the complications on here!! It's only going to freak people out. I'm positive too, I'm not worried...until I read your post. Thanks a lot.

I was hoping to get some reassurance that im not such a basket case and to not worry so much about it. Seeing that it is so common for pregnant woman to have it. (1 in 4 do.)

• I am, I'll get at least one round of antibiotics in my IV during labor (my MW said it shouldn't take more than 25-30 min to get the meds in me). I wasn't with DS but I ended up with another type of infection due to my water being broken for so long and I had to get antibiotics that time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if I am but I am sorry that you are. But I don't think it is a big deal. I think you will just have some antibiotics while having your baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"