Preemies

Poly Vi Sol ?

If your LO is on Poly Vi Sol, how do you give it to them? For a while I was mixing it with about 10 cc's of milk but my pedi suggested I not do that because then he will associate the bad taste with my milk. He chokes and gags if I give it to him straight. Any suggestions or do I just have to suck it up?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poly Vi Sol ?

• It's pretty gross stuff - just put it right in the back of his mouth by his cheek.  I usually nurse right after to help get rid of the taste!
    Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac
  • This is how I give it to my babies in the NICU and was instructed to do it when I get home.

Also, they suggested if they really won't take it (which hasn't been a problem so far) that certain pharmacies will flavor it for you.

DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We mixed it with 10cc's of milk, like you. Feed it first, then offered a full feeding right after as to chase it down. My kiddonever had any issues with the taste.
  • we mixed it in with the morning bottle. i think we mixed the zantac in with that too. i'm sure it tasted awful! but he never seemed to have a problem with it.
  • I mixed it with milk and my LO never had an aversion to my milk.
  • I give it to DD before a feeding and just stick it straight to the back of her mouth so she doesn't have to taste too much of it. Poor thing will make a face at it sometimes, but that's the only way to give it to her since she is EBF. We used to try the bottle and mix it with BM but she wouldn't take all of it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com
  • imageLavender444:
    We mixed it with 10cc's of milk, like you. Feed it first, then offered a full feeding right after as to chase it down. My kiddonever had any issues with the taste.

This. We used a mini habermen nipple for a while after Corri came home because she had some feeding issues, and we would put about 10cc's of milk in the top of the nipple with the Poly Vi Sol and then it would be followed by the rest of the milk.

We took her off it pretty fast though, because it made her so sick that she literally always threw up the bottle that contained it. Our pedi decided that it was better for her to keep down that bottle with no vitamins than force the vitamins on her and have her throw them up.

• Thanks ladies! I might go back to just putting it in his bottle. At least that way I know he isn't going to choke and aspirate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"