3rd Trimester

? about repeat c/s and internals

I'm having a repeat c/s in Jan.  I was wondering, if it's a planned c/s, will the doctor bother with internals?  They hurt so bad last time that I'm hoping I won't have any this time around.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: ? about repeat c/s and internals

• I was kind of wondering the same thing!  I'm having a repeat c on the 24th & was wondering if doc would start checking my cervix & such......seems kind of like a waste of time, but you never know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I too had a planned C-section and my doctor didn't do it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I wonder too, but I would think he would want to check- because if you are dialating, etc then they might want to move up your c/s?  No clue but I will be finding out soon enough.  C/s will be Dec. 31
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an internal with the GBS test last week, but that's the only one I've had so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a repeat c/s this Friday- I had an internal last wednesday! Just to see if I was gonna "make it"! And there was nothing happening. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Both my pregnancies have been planned c/s and I didn't get any internals with dd1 and I won't get any with dd2 either.
  • I had a few with DS#2 although he was a repeat c-section. Primarily because I was somewhat on the fence as to if I wanted to go for a VBAC. My internals were always a bust though as baby was way up high and not putting any pressure on my cervix. No effacement or dilation!

This time, I'm not sure what my OB will want to do. If I get the option, I may just tell him no internals since the baby is definitely going to be a c-section!

• I asked my doctor at my 34 week check up and he said he won't be doing them or group b test. He will do a check if I have bleeding or signs of going in to labor.
  • I know they wont this time for me but with my last two repeats they did. It all depends on your doctor. Because even though you are having a c/s you still can go into labor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"