Health & Exercise
Options

7 weeks pregnant, yeast infection...

Tomorrow's Sunday, drs closed...what do I take?

Re: 7 weeks pregnant, yeast infection...

• Options

Do an OTC 7 day treatment, like Monistat 7.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Go to an urgent care.
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNavyPilotWife:

Do an OTC 7 day treatment, like Monistat 7.

this.  I had one too. Dr said this. 

• Options
    Good natural remedies include putting a clove of garlic in your vagina for a few hours or using your finger to apply a good amount of plain (not flavored!) Dannon yogurt to the inside of your vagina.
    New mom to a beautiful baby girl, born 11-14-10. BF for first 6 weeks, currently trying to relactate. http://relactationjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Ok, as an L&D triage nurse who saw people come in late at night on the weekend for things like a cold... a yeast infection is NOT a medical emergency and you do NOT need to go to urgent care.  It can wait until Monday to go to the doc.  However, as other users said, 7-day OTC treatments are safe.  That is exactly what you would be prescribed at urgent care anyway.  You can also buy creams to soothe external itching. 

DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR VAGINA THAT IS NOT MEDICINE.  This includes garlic and yogurt.  Not to be mean, but that is unhealthy and unsafe for both you and baby.  You don't know what kinds of bugs/bacteria/various cooties are on the garlic, no matter how much you've washed it.  Yogurt has sugar and lactose in it.  Leave it in, and bam, you've got yourself another raging yeast and/or bacterial infection.  Eat the yogurt.  It does help that way.  It won't cure it though, but there is some evidence that eating yogurt regularly can help your body prevent yeast  infections.  I've never seen any scientific evidenced based research proving that putting garlic or yogurt in your vagina cures yeast infections.

So to summarize:  7-day OTC treatment, NOTHING ELSE IN VAGINA.  Thank you.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"