3rd Trimester

Monster drink

Is it okay to drink a Monster? I so been wanting one these days.

Re: Monster drink

• I wouldn't but mostly because she reacted so strongly to the one cappucino (sp?) I've had so strongly I'm afraid an energy drink would cause her to explode right out of me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most doctors recommend you don't exceed 200 milligrams of caffeine in a day. A 16oz can of Monster has 160 milligrams. Technically it could be ok, if you are absolutely sure you have no or very little other caffeine in a 24-hour period. Keep in mind there is caffeine in a lot of things you wouldn't normally suspect.

Personally, I wouldn't. But I drank an energy drink once in college to pull an all-nighter and finish a paper, and I was so wired and jittery I couldn't even type. Although, I don't drink any kind of coffee ever either, so I guess I'm just not accustomed to it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you know one of the main ingredients in Monster Energy Drinks is taurine, which is the main ingredient in stomach bile...? Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did you know one of the main ingredients in Monster Energy Drinks is taurine, which is the main ingredient in stomach bile...? Indifferent

• I wouldn't, but I don't think that stuff should be drank otherwise...all the nasty ingredients aside it has something like13 tsps (a little over a 1/4 cup) of sugar in 1, 12 oz can!  Which is more then the suggested daily intake for the WHOLE day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's actually a warning on the Monster can that says expectant mothers shouldn't drink it - I was trying to calculate the caffeine content early in pregnancy to see if it was safe, and saw the warning.  In addition to regular caffeine, it has several "natural" sources of caffeine that aren't accounted for in that 160mg pp mentioned above, so there's now way to know exactly how much caffeine you'd actually be getting.  (Oh, and my OB recommends no more than 150mg of caffeine a day, so it would exceed her recommendations even if that is the grand total of caffeine!)
  • I wouldn't. But I feel ya.  For some reason when I'm pregnant, I crave a Guava Rockstar.  I want one really bad right now!  As soon as I quit nursing, it's the first thing I get!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"