January 2011 Moms

Arms falling asleep. Anyone else?

For the last week or so I have been waking up during the night because my arms are tingling and falling asleep. My hands are swollen and my wedding ring is pinching. This doesn't happen during the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what causes it? Thanks!

Re: Arms falling asleep. Anyone else?

• YES!!  Both of my arms!  Day and Night mine fall asleep while driving and eating and writing.  Dr. said it is just swelling just like when your legs swell.  Be careful of how much salt you are taking in and drink lots of water.  That helped me.  The closer you get to your due date major swelling along with other symptoms like quick weight gain and face swelling could be signs of pre-term labor but just swelling in the arms I am told is just part of being pregnant.
  • imagesingharmony:
    YES!!  Both of my arms!  Day and Night mine fall asleep while driving and eating and writing.  Dr. said it is just swelling just like when your legs swell.  Be careful of how much salt you are taking in and drink lots of water.  That helped me.  The closer you get to your due date major swelling along with other symptoms like quick weight gain and face swelling could be signs of pre-term labor but just swelling in the arms I am told is just part of being pregnant.

Thanks for the info! I was getting worried!

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, I've been dealing with that for a few weeks now.  I talked to my MW and to the chiro and both said what PP said.  It's just part of pregnancy caused by limited circulation.  Nothing to worry about.  =)

My whole right arm was COMPLETELY numb when I woke up a couple of mornings ago.  I couldn't even feel my alarm clock to turn it off!  I'm irritated by it, but at least it's nothing serious. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Count me in on this one.  The other morning both hands and arms were asleep.  I was flailing them about trying to get the blood moving and DH thought I had lost it. So tingly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! It happens almost every night in my sleep.
  • Yes, it sounds like pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and it is by far the worst and most troublesome pregnancy symptom I have experienced. I started with this 3 months ago, it started in my arms and now has gone to my right hand-fingers and my left hand-wrist. Every morning my hands are so stiff, it hurts to bend them at all and my grip is really weak for an hour or so. My fingers tingle all the time, I haven't been able to feel anything with them since late September. My MWs say it will go away soon after birth, I cannot wait. Hang in there and try not to sleep with your hands bent at the wrist, if it gets really bad you can try a wrist brace too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"