January 2011 Moms

baby gym / activity mat

Are you moms getting one of these?  which one?  what features are you looking for?

Re: baby gym / activity mat

• We have the Rainforest activity gym, it was nice but the thing I didn't really like about it was that my ds always wanted to be laying on his back on it because everything was up above him so it wasn't great for tummy because of that.
  • I received one at my shower. It was a mother of two who gave it to me, so I think they must be helpful!

• Loading the player...
  • imagehoundbaby:
    We have the Rainforest activity gym, it was nice but the thing I didn't really like about it was that my ds always wanted to be laying on his back on it because everything was up above him so it wasn't great for tummy because of that.

We have this one as well. I used it for tummy time, too, and just got down there with her at eye level.  Or did tummy time on a blanket in the nursery.  It was amazing to see her develop - actually start grabbing for the things, or kicking the giraffe to make the music play when she was starting to understand cause and effect.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • I purchased a disney- winnie the pooh playtime gym. I went with a winnie the pooh them so it coordinated and i looked at the reviews online and they were good. I liked that it came with a little pooh toy that was seperate and also i liked the features it had and its not that big.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the fisher price ocean wonders. It does tummy time, back play and turns in to a tunnel when the baby starts moving. Dd over it so hoping the guy wil as well.
  • We have the Baby Einstein; it seems like it will be good for back time and tummy time as there are different toys all over it, and there is a separate mirror/machine for the crib if you choose to use it there as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I registered for and received the Lamaze Space Symphony Motion Gym. I have read great reviews of it on Amazon and I can't wait to use it. It's a fitting toy for our household, since we are into astronomy. Heck, even I want to play with it :)

There's all kinds of cute toys, the mat is crinkly in place and has a mirror for tummy time, too. 

EDIT: I have a separate activity blanket that I bought off of Zulily or Baby Half Off. It's called the Popadu Garden Blanket Baby Activity Set and has toys hidden in pockets all over the blanket. That was one of the first things I bought for LO when I found out I was pregnant.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagegirllennon:

I registered for and received the Lamaze Space Symphony Motion Gym. I have read great reviews of it on Amazon and I can't wait to use it. It's a fitting toy for our household, since we are into astronomy. Heck, even I want to play with it :)

There's all kinds of cute toys, the mat is crinkly in place and has a mirror for tummy time, too. 

EDIT: I have a separate activity blanket that I bought off of Zulily or Baby Half Off. It's called the Popadu Garden Blanket Baby Activity Set and has toys hidden in pockets all over the blanket. That was one of the first things I bought for LO when I found out I was pregnant.

Same here, we are so excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I registered for and received a Baby Einstein one and also received 2 additional activity mats that will be going back - the other 2 are the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders.
  • I'm a dork - I looked up every single one.   They are all cute but a little busy for my taste - I can't help but wonder if they are too cluttered and will over stimulate little ones - but what do I know?

sigh.... I can't seem to make any decisions anymore 

• I have found the items that are more busy and really does not match anyones house is what they love the most.  You can get a very simple bouncer that matches your living room and the one that is something you would never want in your house they are going to love better. 
  • We have the Skip Hop Farmyard. A lot of moms recommended the busy ones.
  • We got a baby Einstein one at a yard sale for $5.  I washed everything and it looks good as new.  Guess we'll see how A likes it.  I like that it comes with a little u-shaped pillow to prop him up for tummy time.  Like a boppy but smaller.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"