3rd Trimester

would you like some heartburn with that?

So I'm having some really bad heartburn, I mean bad. Like: no sleep because of how bad it hurts or can barely breathe when it gets bad. I used Tums when I was in my 1st trimester and they worked great but now... I can chew 4 at once and there's not even a hint of relief. I was told by a friend that I should take papaya tablets and they should work. The only thing is, I can't seem to find any info online about them or if they're ok for prego's to take. Does anyone know??? OR, what is a good heartburn reliever?

(I almost never got heartburn before getting pregnant so this is new to me and when I did get it Tums of chewable Pepto worked... but can't take Pepto while prego, so my options are gone...) The thing is, I get stress ulcers fairly easily and while I've had a relatively easy pregnancy, I can't take my usual Prilosec if I were to get one from all this crazy heartburn and stomach acid rumbling around... Oh, and my Dr's office knows nothing about papaya tablets... Help?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: would you like some heartburn with that?

• Pepcid (Extra Strength) or Prevacid - both AWESOME
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker We can do no great things - only small things with great love - Mother Teresa
  • I had never taken anything but Tums and the other day I just couldn't take it anymore and went for some Zantac.  OMG.  It's a whole new world.  Your are supposed to take two a day but I only take one in the morning and I'm great all day.  I haven't had heartburn in three days now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it sounds crazy, but mint gum or candy is the only thing that helps me. I have tried all kinds of other stuff but mint does the trick. Hope this helps!
  • My husband, an overly cautious physician, is reluctant to let me take a pill (even if it's over-the-counter), so I did Maalox for a few days when my heartburn was at its worst. It seemed to do the trick for me.
  • i was on tums n rolkaids until i thought i was turning into a freakin dragon.  NOthing worked.  My Dr. suggested Zantac 75.  Its not chewable.  Take it with water and it ususally works pretty good though not instant.,  I think you can take it ahead of time before u eat and before the burn starts to prevent it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"