1st Trimester

Professional Maternity Clothes

I'm down to 2 pairs of pants that I can wear to work and I cannot wear casual clothes. 

Any ideas on where can I find the best prices on professional maternity clothing, especially pants?  The pants I like the best currently are at Mimi, but they're still nearly $80 per pair.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Professional Maternity Clothes

• I've heard that Liz Lange maternity at Target is pretty good.  Good luck!
  • I found a couple of deals at Motherhood, and Target.  Really, I'm not going to spend a lot of money on clothes that I won't wear for very long.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gotten some great deals on destinationmaternity.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• With DS, i bought a lot of pants a The Limited. I just went up a size or two. I would get them on sale or with coupon. When they got snug again in the waste, i would wear a bella band. I wore them up until i gave birth - never bought real maternity dress pants.

The best part of it was after DS was born, i was able to wear them the first few months pp before i lost all the weight. It was also nice to have a few pair of dress pants that i could wear if we went out before i went back to work.

• I found decent ones at  Motherhood, try the secret fit bellys. They are so comfy!!

I'm wearing those right now Big Smile

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ann Taylor Loft

MiMi Maternity.

• Try target, kohls, old navy, ann taylor, jcp..  Alot of the stores are having big sales...
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't love Liz Lange for pants. I just bought two pairs this weekend from JCPenny that are the "Duo Maternity" brand. They were buy one for $40, get second pair for 88 cents. I really like them so far!
    Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Motherhood and Target. You also might try Craigslist or Ebay.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, definitely try JCPenney -- they're comfortable, and you can sometimes get awesome sales!
  • I got 4 pair from Motherhood Maternity, I believe they were around $40/pair.  I LOVE them!  They are the secret-belly or whatever it is called, and they are so comfy, I feel as if I'm wearing pajamas.  I'm wearing some right now!  GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Every pair of maternity pants that I loved were from JC Penney's.  I was able to get some really nice slacks that were very comfy, and as pp's mentioned you can get great sales.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've had a really hard time finding professional maternity clothes at an afordable price as well. Old Navy really only had casual clothes and all of the sales seem to be for summer stuff. I have found a few decent (and cheap) items at Ross but really couldn't find pants there. It sounds like I may have to try JC Penney's.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • check old navy online- they have a work clothes maternity section.  it obvioulsy depends on how dressed up you get for work but I'd say they had a good selection at reasonable prices.

to avoid spending a lot of $$ anywhere, buy only a few pairs of neutral pants/skirts and then buy a variety of different tops as the seasons change and different sales arise.

(I also borrowed a lot of maternity tops from a friend- saved me major $$)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"