3rd Trimester

What is your favorite movie quote?

Mine would have to be from Legally Blonde II.

Paulette: "It makes me want a hotdog real bad."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What is your favorite movie quote?

• H and I are always telling each other to lock it up from Wedding Crashers and now I hear "You wear a jacket" from Sherlock Holmes alot. It makes me giggle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No you didn't. A Sheldon can do your income taxes, if you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man... but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me Sheldon, you're an animal Sheldon, ride me big Shel-don.' Doesn't work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two & they are both from Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.   One is "if you have to leave a party, you always take a traveler."   The other, which I use often is "pardon me, but my ice is gettin dry."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • "Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

As good as it Gets/Jack Nicholson

• Gosh, there are so many.  But the first one to pop into my head (and boy I'm dating myself here) is "never put baby in a corner"  from Dirty Dancing!!!!  Loving my Patrick, RIP!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Revenge of the Nerds-

Stan (the bully): "What are you looking at?"

Booger: "I thought I was looking at my mom's old douschebag, but that's back in Ohio!"

~ Mrs. G
  • Most anything from The Big Lebowski.

"Is this a...what day is this?"

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Currently, mine's from Tropic Thunder when Les Grossman is talking to the terrorists on the phone:

Les Grossman: First, take a big step back... and literally, FVCK YOUR OWN FACE! I don't know what kind of pan-pacific bullsh!t power play you're trying to pull here, but Asia Jack is my territory. So whatever you're thinking, you'd better think again! Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down in a Godly fvcking firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the fvcking United Nations and get a fvcking binding resolution to keep me from fvcking destroying you. I'm talking about a scorched earth, motherfvcker! I will massacre you! I WILL YOU UP! 

The bolded part absolutely kills me everytime. LOL

• "The cool points are out the window and she's got me all twisted up in the game." haha DH and say that to each other all the time. It's from Bringing down the house.

• Anything from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is comic genius, but this exchange in particular gets me every time:

Eddie: They're armed.
    Soap
    : What was that? Armed? What do you mean armed? Armed with what?
    Eddie
    : Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster... what do you think they're gonna be armed with? Guns, you t!t!

and anything from Grandma's Boy. also very hilarious.

• Love the "When Harry Met Sally" quote...that movie is chocked full of good ones.

I have to say one that pops into my head is from "Chocolat".  Johnny Depp observing Juilet Binoche from behind: "I'll come 'round sometime and get that squeak out your door."  I giggle every time.

• I'm a dork and quote Princess Bride constantly....

Lately, though, it's just a constant stream of Hot Rod quotes. 

"You can't join the crew, Richardson, you don't do anything."
    "Oh don't I?"

" ...so I galloped into a wooded glen, and after punch-dancing out my rage and suffering an extremely long and painful fall, I realized what had to be done"

• "...don't call me Shirley" favorite response when someone says "surely"

Also, DH and I quote Step Brothers often. Hilarious one-liners.

• "You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"  From the opening scene in Wedding Crashers...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "A gun rack?.... A gun rack?.... I don't own A gun, let along MANY guns that would necessitate an entire rack.  What am I going to do, with a gun rack?"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • imagelocash:

"...don't call me Shirley" favorite response when someone says "surely"

Also, DH and I quote Step Brothers often. Hilarious one-liners.

Lol... "I'm never going to call him 'Dad'... Even if there's a FIRE!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Best. Movie. Ever.

Lol.  

Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark? 
    Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now. 

Clark: Whew, it's warm in here. 
    Mary: Well you have your coat on. 
    Clark: Ah yes I do, why is that? 
    Mary: Because it's cold out. 

Clark: Yes it is, it's a bit nipply out. I mean nippy out, what did I say, nipple? Huh, there is a nip in the air. 

Ellen: What are you looking at? 
    Clark: Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an *** in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer... 
    [Eddie, in the driveway, is draining the RV's toilet
    Eddie: Shitter was full

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace. 
    Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear? 
    Nora Griswold: Grace! 

Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago. 

Clark: We're kicking off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols. 
    Audrey: We're not coming all the way out here just to get one of those stupid ties with Santa Clauses on it are we? 

Clark: No, I have one of those at home. 

Ruby Sue: Rocky bit my thumb. Him's nervous. 
    Clark: Nervous or excited? 
    Ruby Sue: Shittin' bricks. 
    Clark: You shouldn't use that word. 
    Ruby Sue: Sorry. Shittin' rocks 

Clark: Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah. 

Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big? 
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you. 
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold. 

Clark: I wasn't talking to you. 

Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f-ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a$$ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a-holes this side of the nuthouse.  

• Leslie Nielsen's line (in response to 'surely you can't be serious'), "I am serious...and don't call me Shirley,"

-Airplane!

The Big Lebowski has many quotes that I love too.

• From Elf:

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

• imageminniecallie:
    No you didn't. A Sheldon can do your income taxes, if you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man... but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me Sheldon, you're an animal Sheldon, ride me big Shel-don.' Doesn't work.

When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies!

I would have to say anything from Anchorman. That entire show is hilarious and fun to quote!

• imageJessiRaye:

From Elf:

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

DH and I quote Elf all the time.  My personal fav is "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • "not at the table Carlos!"
  • There are quite a few great ones from That Thing You Do.

"There he goes off to his room to write that hit song 'Alone in My Principles.'"  Or basically anything Lenny says.

And the one I want to say to Tom Hanks someday, "You are my biggest fan."

IAmPregnant Ticker imageimage
  • Love these! Ok, I have a bunch of favs from Wedding Singer:

- "Once again, things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

-"He's loosing his mind and I'm reaping all the benefits."

-"Gulia? Julia's last names gonna be Gulia. Julia Gulia, that's funny."
      "Why's that funny?"
     "I don't know..."

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageMaya1076:
    I have two & they are both from Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.   One is "if you have to leave a party, you always take a traveler."   The other, which I use often is "pardon me, but my ice is gettin dry."

Best movie. DH and I often use, "Oh nothin sugar, I'm just hiding my candy."

ETA: I cannot believe I almost forgot "Two tears in a bucket, motherf*ck it."

• I have too many favorites.

Anything from the Princess Bride.

"Just keep swimming, swimming"-Finding Nemo

"SQUIRREL!!!"- Up

"I will gobble your gravy"-Tropic Thunder

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imagemissesru:
    "A gun rack?.... A gun rack?.... I don't own A gun, let along MANY guns that would necessitate an entire rack.  What am I going to do, with a gun rack?"

Ok...this is so familiar to me but I cannot remember the movie...though I can hear the quote exactly how it is said....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • It is from Wayne's World.

My favourite quote is "Inconceivable."  

imagedaniz110:

imagemissesru:
    "A gun rack?.... A gun rack?.... I don't own A gun, let along MANY guns that would necessitate an entire rack.  What am I going to do, with a gun rack?"

Ok...this is so familiar to me but I cannot remember the movie...though I can hear the quote exactly how it is said....

• imagedaniz110:

imagemissesru:

Ok...this is so familiar to me but I cannot remember the movie.

Wayne's world!!

• From Airplane!

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
    Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.  Oh, won't you sit down?
    Young Boy with Coffee: Would you like some cream?
    Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imagemchupie:

From Airplane!

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
    Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.  Oh, won't you sit down?
    Young Boy with Coffee: Would you like some cream?
    Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

OMG I love that part!!! 

• My hubby's current fav from Madagascar...considering my condition:

Moto Moto: "I like 'em round....and plumpy!" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • OMG so many funny ones I always quote--

from Steel Magnolias "he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt."

From the Wedding Singer (and I don't know why I think this is funny; maybe because I had been drinking the very first time I ever saw this movie); the scene where the limo driver is "auditioning" for the wedding, and says "They were coooones."

And a new favorite from Due Date: "oh I effed up?  you're the one that just spit on your own window!"

And my all time fave is pretty much every.single.line in Dumb and Dumber.

Stephanie Hsu
  • imagestephanie_shoe:
    From the Wedding Singer (and I don't know why I think this is funny; maybe because I had been drinking the very first time I ever saw this movie); the scene where the limo driver is "auditioning" for the wedding, and says "They were coooones."

HAHAAAA! I say that all the time! Never when it makes sense though.

• Sadly, we use lots of one-liners from Wedding Crashers and Super Troopers in everyday conversation.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I love the movie "Singles" when he shows up at her door and says, "I was just nowhere near your neighborhood."  It makes me smile just to imagine someone saying that to me :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
    [opens cologne cabinet]
    Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
    Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
    Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
    Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
    Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
    Brian Fantana: Yep.
    Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
    Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
    [cheesy grin]
    Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.
    Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.
    [snarls]
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One of my favorites is from Back to the Future.

"Your my density" 

There are so many good ones though.  We watch Toy Story 2 over and over again at our house, so lately we are often found saying..."If the boo-T fits!"

• imageReneeDear:

It is from Wayne's World.

My favourite quote is "Inconceivable."  

imagedaniz110:

imagemissesru:

From Princess Bride?? That's a great movie, too!

• Mine is from Billy Madison:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"