Trouble TTC
Options

XP: Got travel tips for San Fran?

Good Morning Ladies!Thought I'd see if anyone had any tips on things to do places to go.DH and I are flying out Sunday.  He has to attend a conference for work and since I am not working right now I am tagging along.Need a way to occupy myself during the day while he is busy.Doing some research on the net and bought a guide book, but was wondering if anyone around here is from there or familiar with the area. TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Got travel tips for San Fran?

• Options

I went to college in the Bay Area and it is one of my favorite places in the whole world!!  Here's my list of "Must See" things for someone who has never been before:

(1) Alcatraz - I've heard the night tour is great but I've only done the daytime one.

(2) Coit Tower - Great view of the city

(3) Lombard Street - it is just fun to take a picture in front of and drive down if you have a car.  It's a quick stop.

(4) Ghirardeli.  Best ice cream sunday ever.

(5) Union Square Shopping especially this time of year!

(6) Trolley Ride - you can ride the trolley from the shopping area to Fisherman's warf.  Fisherman's is not my favorite but it is very touristy and you can see the seals there.

(7) Golden Gate Bridge observation area.

(8) Haight Ashbury/Golden Gate park.  These are close together and can be done in the same day.  Be sure to see the conservatory of flowers while you are in the park!

(9) Palace of Fine Art - it's just a cool old structure that won't take long.

(10) If you are into museums they have one of the best Asian Art Museums anywhere. 

(11) Angel Island is another cool spot for history geeks.  It is the Ellis Island of the West Coast.

(12) If you have a free night together you might want to consider dinner at one of the resteraunts in Sausalito (the city across the Golden Gate).  The ones on the water have a beautiful view of the city at night. 

Sorry that was so long but I LOVE San Fran!!!  Have a wonderful time!!

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh!  And I forgot Chinatown and Japantown.  Love them both too :)

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

MrsVo -  Wow I can see your love for the city.  lol  Thanks so much for all the tips though.  I am printing out your list as we speak and gonna stick it in my guidebook.

:-)

p.s. - your pup is too cute!  I have a Puggle but she looks more like a Pug and she is my little baby (as she is snoring besides me on the sofa). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ghirardelli Square is really cool.  If I go back to San Fran, I want to take one of the Segway tours of the city, that looks like a lot of fun!  There are lots of great museums in the area, as well.  Taking a day trip across the bridge or out to Carmel would be fun if you have the time, too!
  • Options
    I LOVE San Fran as well.... such a cool and laid back city with so many things to do without the 'stressed out' feel of NYC.  I love all the places alreay mentioned.  I also love The Stinking Rose, a garlic themed

restaurant.  A-mazing! Enjoy your trip!!!! 

• Options
    ALCATRAZ!!! DH and I did this in Oct. for his Birthday. The tour is amazing. I love it and would love to do it again. I love San Fran!
  • Options
    imageJewlz018:

MrsVo -  Wow I can see your love for the city.  lol  Thanks so much for all the tips though.  I am printing out your list as we speak and gonna stick it in my guidebook.

:-)

p.s. - your pup is too cute!  I have a Puggle but she looks more like a Pug and she is my little baby (as she is snoring besides me on the sofa). 

Thank you!  I'm a sucker for a squishy face :)  Your pup is super cute too.  Gotta love the little snore-factories!

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards