1st Trimester

When does the nausea stop?

It is now most of the day.  Sucking on candy is the only thing that helps.  I am worried that I am having too much candy since I have a piece every hour or so.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When does the nausea stop?

• If the candy helps, keep sucking on it. :) I know it may seem like a lot/unhealthy, but if it works, go for it in the meantime. It won't cause any lasting harm.

I really can't say when the nausea stops. Mine was bad from weeks 6-8 but has really seemed to go away this week/just hits in the occasional wave.

• I would like to know this too.  I have been nauseated since week 5, but it has either gotten worse this week or is just wearing me down so much, that I feel like it's worse.  Not sure how much more I can take of it.  UGH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It is pretty common for it to start getting better about 12-14 weeks... Mine was over at about 14.5 weeks last time, but it really just varries by each person. Some never get sick, some are sick the whole time (poor ladies!!) but for most it is just the first trimester and maybe a week or two into second.  Hope that helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKendraJoette:
    It is pretty common for it to start getting better about 12-14 weeks... Mine was over at about 14.5 weeks last time, but it really just varries by each person. Some never get sick, some are sick the whole time (poor ladies!!) but for most it is just the first trimester and maybe a week or two into second.  Hope that helps!

Same here!  

• I was one of the "lucky" ones...I was sick 100% of the time and threw up at least once a day until the placenta was delivered.  Hyperemisis is the medical name for it.  Seems I've hit the jackpot for #3 as well.  I'm hoping that it gets better around the second tri for me this time but I'm not holding my breath...
  • With my DD, I had morning sickness until 17 weeks. This one I still have it at 9 weeks. It is different for everyone.
  • I can totally relate to how you feel!! I am nauseated majority of the day.I bought a huge back of peppermints, they seem to help a little bit and i suck on them all day. I feel like its unhealthy to be eating candy all day. I feel like I'm going to puke almost every minute of the day. I cannot wait to be able to enjoy food and drink again. Good luck:)
  • It's the same question I ask myself every day.  Mine is still going strong at almost 13 weeks. :(  

Don't feel guilty about the candy.  One of the only foods I can keep down is potatoes, so I've definitely indulged in french fries a few times in the past few weeks (uncharacteristic for me generally) and today ate a whole mini can of pringles!  I would feel guilty, but the doctor has told me to eat anything that sounds good, so that's what I'm doing, and I've still lost weight.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I'm nearly 8 weeks pregnant and this is my first post. The nausea started for me the weekend I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and has continued to the present. This is my first pregnancy so everything is super new for me. I was beginning to wonder the same thing as I'm not sure I can be this nauceous and tired the entire pregnancy. The only thing that keeps me going pretty good is eating super healthy (lots of fruits and veg) and drinking lots of water, and I try to eat smaller meals spread throughout the day if possible. I've only thrown up twice so far, thank goodness, and I was scarfing some serious saltines after the last one with water to settle my stomach.

• I'm also waiting... Here I am at 12 w, 2 days. I'm hoping it's soon because last night was one of the worst night's I've had.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I had very little nausea during my first trimester, but when I *DID* have it, my doctor prescribed Zofran. It's safe for pregnancy and nausea.

Did you never ask a doctor for help or were they just mean and didn't want to give you anything? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I took Unisom for both my previous pregnancies - before Unisom, they tried everything: Zofran, Reglan, Scoplamine (sp?), and a couple other drugs.  NOTHING worked.  The unisom kept me out of the hospital (the danger of m/s is dehydration) but didn't keep me out of the bathroom. 
  • imagemcwhittaker:

I had very little nausea during my first trimester, but when I *DID* have it, my doctor prescribed Zofran. It's safe for pregnancy and nausea.

Did you never ask a doctor for help or were they just mean and didn't want to give you anything? 

I think for most people who have really bad m/s, drugs like Zofran might help a little, but they don't stop us from throwing up altogether, and they don't do anything to stop the constant nausea.  I know that's the case for me.

BabyFruit Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"