New to The Bump

when is it a good time to tell....

just got a positive pregnancy test yesterday...well 3 positive tests!!! =))) we are first timers my husband could not wait to tell the family...i of course gave in now EVERYONE knows...they are all very excited for us as are we but i can't help but be worried something could go wrong....did we tell too soon?? =z

Re: when is it a good time to tell....

• If they're people who would be supportive if something went wrong, you can tell them whenever. For people who don't need to know right away (distant relatives, co-workers, etc.), make the decision on a case-by-case basis. There is no real "rule".

GL and congrats!

• imageDr.Loretta:

If they're people who would be supportive if something went wrong, you can tell them whenever. For people who don't need to know right away (distant relatives, co-workers, etc.), make the decision on a case-by-case basis. There is no real "rule".

GL and congrats!

Agreed.

• Loading the player...
  • We told DH's parents the same day we got the BFP and my parents a few days later. We waited until I was almost in my 2nd tri to tell grandparents just in case something happened. Everyone does things differently. My SIL said she would have waited until 2nd tri to say anything, but we wanted to right away. There is no right or wrong way of doing it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLe Olive:
    imageDr.Loretta:

If they're people who would be supportive if something went wrong, you can tell them whenever. For people who don't need to know right away (distant relatives, co-workers, etc.), make the decision on a case-by-case basis. There is no real "rule".

GL and congrats!

Agreed.

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"