1st Trimester

Cramps vs Round Ligament Pains

Hi ladies! Quick question...today I've been having dull pains in my lower abdomen and back. I can't tell if they are cramps or round ligament pains. Can anyone tell me what they think the difference between the two are? I'm 8 weeks along and didn't know if that was too soon to have ligament pains. I had my son almost 4 years ago and I don't remember having the ligament pains with him and with my last pregnancy I didn't make it this far into it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :o)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Cramps vs Round Ligament Pains

• From my last pregnancy, I remeber them feeling remarkably similar, to cramps, but they are more frequent after excercising or if you move suddenly... I hope that helps.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats on your marraige too...!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My RLPs are NOT dull at all. They are sharp, shooting pains on either side of the uterus. For me, they happened after I moved too quickly or got up from sitting too long, etc., and didn't happen until later in my pregnancy; I'd say at least 14w, when my ute moved up.

I think you're just having mild uterine cramps, which are also normal.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks girls! They seem to come when I'm laying around. At the gym my lower abdomen just became really tight and tense. The joys of pregnancy! :o)

And thanks for the congrats on the marriage!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have had menstrual like cramps daily ever since the week before I found out. I thought they were period cramps however they never go away... they were a constant cramp all the time and now I have aches and pain in one side or another. I am seven weeks and I have felt the same kind of pains and wondered if there was something wrong with me!
  • imageflimzk:
    I have had menstrual like cramps daily ever since the week before I found out. I thought they were period cramps however they never go away... they were a constant cramp all the time and now I have aches and pain in one side or another. I am seven weeks and I have felt the same kind of pains and wondered if there was something wrong with me!

I am doing the exact same thing, and it had me kind of worried like something was wrong... But i woke up last night SURE i started my period but not even anything to be concerned about. So weird!!

BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"