Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Vicks on baby's feet?

Mu DD is SO congested and its 11pm now. All I have is regular strength Vicks. I have heard it is ok to put on there feet with socks? Anyone else do this?

Re: Vicks on baby's feet?

• I've used the baby vicks... never the regular strength. My gut feeling is they would be okay, if it was just a little, but I would probably call my doctor to be sure.

My DD has been very congested too, our doctor said to have her sleep in her carseat so she was siting upright for her nose to drain, and to monitor her for fluid intake/output. (make sure she is eating and peeing/pooping enough) We have also been told to do a drop saline solution in one nostril at a time and suck it out with a bulb aspirator. 

Other things I have done include giving her a warm bath with Johnson's Vapor Bath, holding her in the bathroom with the shower on hot to make the room steamy,  and wiping her nose with a wet wipe so her nose doesn't get sore.

Good luck with your LO and their congestion.

• I would think it's fine. I used to nanny triplets and their parents always used the regular strength vicks on their face/chest so I think it would be fine on her feet. I would not recommend putting it on her chest and face though
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • NO!!! Seriously, don't ask advice of random strangers on the internet when it comes to health as many of them do not know what they are talking about and will endanger your daughter's life.

You can gently squirt breastmilk or saline up her nose to loosen the congestion. But a Nosefrida and have that handy for next time.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • imageRuby_Soho:

NO!!! Seriously, don't ask advice of random strangers on the internet when it comes to health as many of them do not know what they are talking about and will endanger your daughter's life.

You can gently squirt breastmilk or saline up her nose to loosen the congestion. But a Nosefrida and have that handy for next time.

This. Especially at just over 3 months. You can't even use baby vicks until 3 months. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"