3rd Trimester

How much H2O are you drinking?

I'm having trouble getting enough water (I only take in about a glass or two) each day. I know I should be drinking a LOT more than that but I'm really bad about it..

[Poll]
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How much H2O are you drinking?

• imagekdodge423:
    imagecruelsound:

Because my fluids are low, I am drinking SO MUCH water. Sometimes it gets to the point I actually want to throw up (mainly because I hate water so much.)

I have an empty 32 ounce Gatorade bottle and I drink at least 6 a day. I also have been drinking a lot of tea.

Dude, tea has caffeine, which is a diuretic.

That is far more water than I would want to drink in one day though. Damn.

Not if it's herbal tea but yeah, I would die if I drank this much water. As it is I drink about 96 ounces and the pressure is unbelievable sometimes.  

• usually about two 25 oz workout-size bottles of water, two 16 oz glasses of skim milk, a 16 oz glass of v8 fusion, and a couple cups of decaf coffee.
  • Loading the player...
  • So this might sound really dumb, but I bought myself a camelbak water bottle..and it really helped me drink more water. Since then I drink about 100 fl. oz. of water a day.  Before that, I was awful! 

I think it's because with the measurements on the side, I was actually keeping track and made a goal to drink 4 a day.  Before I was only drinking when I was thirsty..which is a no no!  Also, they're really fun to drink out of (sounds silly - but try one!). 

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You normally need around 64oz of fluids (not water) per day. 

I've been refilling a 1 liter plastic Fiji water bottle & drinking that each day.  If I didn't & I worked a long day, I'd have horrible BH ctrx.  I'm also using the "drink until pee is clear" as a rough guide.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekdodge423:
    imagecruelsound:

Because my fluids are low, I am drinking SO MUCH water. Sometimes it gets to the point I actually want to throw up (mainly because I hate water so much.)

I have an empty 32 ounce Gatorade bottle and I drink at least 6 a day. I also have been drinking a lot of tea.

Wow, calm down, not all tea has caffiene.

I usually stick to water and teas like jasmine, chamomile, I was drinking a lot of milk and juices but my MW said that juice has a lot of sugars in it so I've been trying to drink water even though I miss my black tea 

• imagemw_sorrel:

So this might sound really dumb, but I bought myself a camelbak water bottle..and it really helped me drink more water. Since then I drink about 100 fl. oz. of water a day.  Before that, I was awful! 

I think it's because with the measurements on the side, I was actually keeping track and made a goal to drink 4 a day.  Before I was only drinking when I was thirsty..which is a no no!  Also, they're really fun to drink out of (sounds silly - but try one!). 

Love mine!!

• I was in and out of the ER early on in my pregnancy for dehydration, so since then I have been drinking 100+ oz of water per day. Apparently I get dehydrated really easy, so they told me to try to drink as much as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drink a gallon of water a day.
  • I drink 4-5 liters, usually. I also have kidney stones (passed 11 in 27 weeks), so I drink more than the average person when I'm not pregnant too.
  • I usually drink 2 or 3, 32 oz bottles a day. Plus milk, juice and all sorts of other stuff.

I can't drink water with meals, but I sip on water all day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsjanks:
    I drink 4-5 liters, usually. I also have kidney stones (passed 11 in 27 weeks), so I drink more than the average person when I'm not pregnant too.

Same. I've passed 6 since week 15. I'm 39w3d now. 

• Hard to say when glass size varies.  I drink like 1.5-2 liters of water every day.  When I was in AZ I drank 3 liters to combat the heat and dry weather.  Can you add something to your water to make the taste more appealing?  Not like Kool-Aid or anything, but like lemon wedges or lime wedges.  I carry water bottles everywhere so I drink water so I can get rid of the extra weight in my bag.
  • I drink about 1-1.5 gallon of water per day... I usually drank about 1 gallon per day pre preg and now I am just A LOT more thirsty. I also drink other liquids like herbal tea, some juices and milk.
  • I was on a saline drip all weekend.  That was way better than actually drinking that much liquid.  Wink
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sometimes I think I drink too much, lol, like that is at all possible. I'll drink so much that I will not have to pee.. 2 minutes later.. I have to pee so bad I feel BH coming on
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I fill my nalgene bottle 4 times a day (I think it's 32 oz). I also drink a diet coke or two a day ( I know it's bad, but I love the stuff, and I didn't do it during 1st and most of 2nd tri)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • I've been going through so much water it's ridiculous.  In fact, last night we went and bought a 100 oz gigantic mug because I drink so much.  Yesterday I went through it 2 1/2 times after we got it in the late afternoon. >.<
  • I'm drinking alot of crystal light and gatorade. I'm battling m/s again and can only drink things that are slightly sour. I know it's not the best but it's what I can tolerate right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekdodge423:
    imagebelleamor:
    imagekdodge423:
    imagecruelsound:

Wow, calm down, not all tea has caffiene.

I usually stick to water and teas like jasmine, chamomile, I was drinking a lot of milk and juices but my MW said that juice has a lot of sugars in it so I've been trying to drink water even though I miss my black tea 

Who's not calm?

kdodge, cleary you are OUT OF CONTROL!  haha! 

I try to drink lots of water, but some days I do better than others.  meh.  I do feel better when I don't skimp for sure.

• I had low fluid at one point so imextra cautious. I drink 2 large glasses before work, 2 40 oz bottles at work, then 3-4 more large glasses after work. So... Maybe 100-140 oz a day. Fun times.
  • imageashgirlxo:
    sometimes I think I drink too much, lol, like that is at all possible. I'll drink so much that I will not have to pee.. 2 minutes later.. I have to pee so bad I feel BH coming on

This. I cannot seem to get enough water, and I pee at least 3-4 times a night. 

The plus side is I automatically get up & am not super sleepy. I think I am secretly preparing myself for when LO arrives & needs feedings at nightWink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I drink (5) 32 oz bottles of water plus non-caf. tea, milk, juice, etc all day long. 
  • I get some serious glares from the nurses. they are so mean sometimes. But i get sick if I drink too much water at once so no matter what I'm always going to be yellow.
  • I guess I buck the trend, as it were. I drink about 32oz of water, maybe 8oz of juice, 8oz of coffee and 8oz of milk. So, about 56oz of liquid, all told.

But then, I've always gone with the adage that the urine should be "copious and clear" and that's what I have with that much fluid, so I don't worry too much.

• I hate water too but I've been drinking more sinceI got pregnant. Do what I do. . .  buy the packets you pour into water bottles there are so many different kinds to choose from and a lot have vitamins.
    I really wish life would get easier. Jess B
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"