1st Trimester

Pain in Right Side Waist?

Hi,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have been having this nagging pain in my right side waist--no bleeding, spotting, etc. I can't find any info about this on the 'web and wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/of if you may have any clue as to what it may be. From what I understand, round ligament pain is lower in the abdomen, and this is literally on my waist..sometimes it travels down a bit, but mostly not...

Thanks,

Eva

Re: Pain in Right Side Waist?

• I kind of been having similar pains. It's located on my right side in line with my belly button. It seems to worsen with activities such as mopping or vaccuuming. I am not too concerned about it since so many changes are happening right now with our bodies. I think it may have something to do with my breathing and diaphragm. If it really becomes painful or doesn't subside, check with your doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had an US so it's not ectopic--but yes, it seems to worsen with activity...thanks, that helps. I'm seeing docs next week, but wanted to see if anyone else out there was experiencing same thing....

• Loading the player...
  • Hey, I'm 10 weeks as well and have been having some pains in the tummy area. I think they're just normal "growing" pains. There's just so much moving and growing in there, I'm sure there's going to be some discomfort.
  • I had RLP last time, and I'm pretty sure they were that high.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • when i was 10 weeks pg w/my son i had pains on my R side. turns out i had appendicitis and had to have an appendectomy. if the pain gets severe go to the doc. 3 ladies in my hospital were all pg and having appendicitis. they speculated that b/c the uterus was growing it caused irritation pushing the organs around. not sure if that is the real reason, but yeah, if it gets bad go to the doctor. 

if it isn't too bad, like mild cramps, then it's probably  just growing pains.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I realize this post is old but I am 8 weeks and having pain as you have described on the right side of my waist and no other symptoms whatsoever (already had first U/S too),  and wanted to check if I could find an update on these posts.

please let me know fi you read this if it was just normal growing pains.  I have schduled an apptointment with my doctor in a few days 
  • I don't think the OP will come back for an update, but I had the same thing with both pregnancies. With my first it started at 7 weeks. This time around 11. My OB said it is due to everything growing and shifting. I still get pain there on occasion and I'm 27 weeks. It's most likely nothing to worry about, but ask your Dr at your next appointment.

• Cass005Cass005 member
    I had a similar experience this morning (Even made a post). My pain was on the side, which I heard could just be round ligament pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"