2nd Trimester

Question for you to analyze

This may be a TMI post, sorry if it is!!! But ... on Wednesday night, I felt something wet on my underwear. Went to the bathroom and they were definately wet with something clear, not pee. Changed my underwear, checked back in 15 min or so and the new pair was wet too. So I called the doc, they told me to go to the hospital. We did and they did all their tests and said it was not amniotic fluid. Which is awesome, because I am only 25 weeks. But it is still happening. Not soaking through my pants or anything like that. But definately not pee. I didn't have a yeast infection or anything. Am calling the doc on Monday but anybody have any similar experiences, ideas, etc??? Thanks!!!

Re: Question for you to analyze

• This was happening to me when I was about 9 weeks. I never said anything to the Dr but everything turned out fine, I've had an ultrasound since then and the heartbeat has been checked at least twice. I still have no idea what that was. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's just discharge---totally normal.  I hate it---I am now wearing pantyliners almost always since it looks like I peed myself sometimes.  We just get lots LOTS more when we are pregnant.  No worries. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I know that I have had more discharge in the past 6 months of being pregnant that I have had my entire life, all put together!!! Its gross, and I go thru a few "light" panty liners a day!! My doctor has checked for infections, and amniotic fluid and its nothing.... Just LOTS of discharge.... sometimes its clear and watery, other times its a little thicker and white/yellowish.... Either way..... as long as its not amniotic fluid, or bloody..... then my doctor doesnt seem worried.... and I have read many many places that increased discharge is TOTALLY normal!! Soo.... buy some thin pantyliners, and keep some extras with you, and good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • An increase in CM is totally normal during pregnancy. I've had so much watery CM that I've had to start wearing liners or I'd need to change my undies several times a day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had this too. Never thought to ask about it though. It just seems to change from watery and clear to thicker. I've read it is totally normal and I believe can even be affected by your diet and water intake.
  • Sounds like it's pretty common. I have been having the same sort of issue, TMI but when I use the bathroom I could sit there and wipe 10 or 15 times it feels, and STILL not feel totally clean. 

Pregnancy is gross  :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Absolutely normal.  I've practically bought stock in pantyliners.  It's because your vagina has increased its secretions in order to protect your cervix.  It's full of white blood cells that fight off infection.   You may have also noticed that your nose runs more often...it's because your body increases ALL of your mucous secretions. Just keep some kleenex and pantyliners in your purse and change your undies often!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is it maybe....CM? Clear, slimy and thicker consistency than fluid?? I get lots of that.  

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• More than likely just discharge. I'm 22 weeks and I am starting to get that. Good thing to double check it with the hospital, but I'm sure its nothing for you to worry about. Just let your doctor know and maybe he can take a look to confirm it. Until then just try wearing panty liners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"