1st Trimester

That didn't last long

So I got my 2 positive pregnancy tests yesterday (15 dpo) and the doctor had me come in for blood work today to confirm and she also did an internal ultrasound for some reason, I think to make sure I wasn't farther along even though I told her I charted??? Well I came home and was bleeding red blood which I don't think is good. Im assuming this is a chemical pregnancy. It is amazing that even though this pregnancy wasn't planned that your mindset changes so quickly and you love your baby already. I hope all of you have healthy pregnancies and babies, Im sure Ill be lurking until we actually try again next year!

Re: That didn't last long

• You might just have a sensitive cervix. I wouldn't give up just yet, bleeding after the dildocam is common. 

(If you told her you charted but the baby was unplanned she probably figured your "charting" was just writing the day of your last period on a calendar.)

Good luck.  

• Did she say anything about the bloodwork or ultrasound that makes you think you're miscarrying or is it just the blood?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just the blood, it's quite a bit and red. She didn't see anything on the ultra sound but she said if I was 4 weeks only she wouldn't expect to and blood work hasn't come back yet.
  • imagerer05:
    Just the blood, it's quite a bit and red. She didn't see anything on the ultra sound but she said if I was 4 weeks only she wouldn't expect to and blood work hasn't come back yet.

Don't give up just yet. The dildocam (ultrasound wand) can irritate your cervix and may have caused the bleeding. I had an u/s at approx 4-5 weeks and all we saw was a thickened endometrium. No baby at that time. Wait for your bloodwork or call her if you're concerned but I wouldn't lose all hope just yet. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The blood alone doesn't indicate a miscarriage. It's very possible that it's caused by the dildo cam and at 4 weeks, it's perfectly normal to not see anything on an ultrasound. Hang in there!
  • are you cramping??? or just bleeding..

There is still hope!! All the best

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh, no. I'm so sorry. I bet you're scared to bits. I miscarried at 8 weeks and had only minimal bleeding throughout the ordeal. Could it be you just got a bit roughed up by the U/S?
    Soon to be a mom of 7! Guess who's in the market for a 12-passenger van!
  • It is bleeding like a full blown period now and I am cramping now. Its okay it just isn't meant to be, I am glad it happened earlier rather than later. Best of luck to all of you!!!!
  • I'm really sorry you're going through this, it's so tough. I miscarried last year the day after Thanksgiving. Good luck ttc in the New Year, I hope to see you back here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"