Long Island Babies

Fifth disease

Hey ladies!  I just found out that there's a round of fifth disease going around in my school.  Couldn't get in touch with my OB office (some how, they're ALWAYS closed!) to ask them what I should do.  They said it's in 3rd grade, so I've moved my placement to be as far away from them as I can be for now.  Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?  Thanks ladies!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fifth disease

• The best thing that you can do until you reach your doctor is avoid those children and wash your hands frequently.  I work with children too, so my regular doctor checked my blood right before I got pregnant.  Apparently, I am immune which means I was exposed to it at some point.

You should get tested too.  This way, you can feel better if you are immune or know if you need to take precautions.

• Thanks Veronica!  I just got home from the Dr.  They did a blood test and said I should find out by Monday!  Until then, I'm trying to avoid them like the plague! ;-)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Oh yuck I remember that when I was in 3rd grade I contracted it then, it wasn't as bad as the chicken pox though, and once you get it you wont get it again.  I would stear clear of those kids for now, they actually are not aloud to be in school if they have the disease because it is so contageous!! Wash your hands as often as possible, and Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"