2nd Trimester
Options

i feel like i'm not 'looking pregnant' enough.

well, i see these other women at 15 weeks, and they've all got that cute pregnancy belly. me? i just have this pudge-pack looking thing. is that normal? i mean, i haven't really gained much weight at all, because for three months all i did was vomit - nothing i ever ate stayed down. is that why i'm not looking pregnant? it worries me - like something may be wrong, and my sono isn't until the 29th. anyone else having this issue?

Re: i feel like i'm not 'looking pregnant' enough.

• Options
    15 weeks is way too earlyt o worry about this.  I've had friends who didn't show until 6 months with their first babies.  That "cute pregnancy belly" that you refer to (on the other 15 weekers) is actually most likely "cute totally bloated belly" (except for 2nd time moms).  Consider yourself lucky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    that made me feel so much better! i'm just a worrier. thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so easy to worry.  I think as first time moms worry about pretty much everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It's normal. With DD I didn't start showing till I was 5 and a half months pregnant. I also only gained 12 pounds. DD was a healthy 6lbs 3 oz.

With this one though I popped out really early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm 16 weeks and while I do need maternity pants and shirt, I am not really showing. I've gained 1 pound and my boobs are bigger, but my belly jsut looks pudgy-ier.

I also started at a size 14, so I am starting to rock the 'B' belly which is oh so attractrive when you're already feeling unsexy!

• Options
    Ditto - family members have even had the guts to say - you should be showing, when will you? Urgh! My mom didn't show really at all until the very end, yes I want my cute belly to pop, but I know it will when it's ready!  :o) So I'm thankful for still being able to wear most of my "normal" clothes.
  • Options
    Try not to worry about it. With DS # 1, I did not start to show until 22 or 23 weeks (the benefits of a long torse). This time around, I am wearing maternity pants sooner, today is my first day in fact. Everyone shows in their own time :)
    PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try not to worry about it. With DS # 1, I did not start to show until 22 or 23 weeks (the benefits of a long torso). This time around, I am wearing maternity pants sooner, today is my first day in fact. Everyone shows in their own time :)
    PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is #2 for me and I feel the same way. I thought I would be showing sooner but, I haven't gained a pound (due to nausea) and all of my regular pants still fit. I even wore my skinny jeans on Sunday. I just keep telling myself that it will happen eventually.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was totally in that in between stage forrrrrrever.  Just now am I starting to get people telling me that I look definitely pregnant.  I just had my first stranger comment at 23w1d.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I am due the same day as you and it sounds like I look just like you. I only vomited once my entire pregnancy so far. I asked a bunch of my friends when they started showing and they all assured me it was fine that I wasn't showing yet. Some friends of mine did not show until 6 months. Every individual is different. I know your frustration because I feel the same way. My mom told me to give it a few more weeks and I should probably start noticing a bump!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! Good luck to you!!!
  • Options

I was lurking from 3rd tri. and saw your post. I didn't "pop" until 30 wks. People are just noticing that I am pregnant and are surprised that I am 32 wks!! They think that I am about 20wks.

You will start to show eventually it just happens at differently for everyone. And if your doc. isn't concerned about your weight gain then you shouldn't be either.

• Options
    I feel like I just started showing for real today. I'm 23 weeks. It's hard to be patient. I had to stop looking at HDBD pictures out of pure jealousy.
    Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I know how you feel! I was barely showing at 15 weeks I was getting comments like "are you sure your pregnant?" or are you sure your 15or 16 weeks?" very rude!

I asked my doctor he said it was because I was fit and skinny before I got pregnant and I am carrying beautifully.  I havent gained much weight either but I would rather gain less weight than more.  My doctor told me to keep doing what ever I was doing.  I am just staring to show at 18 weeks I have this little tiny baby bump that people usually get at 3 or 4 months.  But I feel the baby moving like crazy!!! It's soo amazing!   

• Options

I agree with pp's - it's normal for a first pregnancy. 

I'm almost 24 weeks and so far, no real stranger comments and unless someone knows I'm pregant, it's not obvious.  Everytime I think I've popped, I go back to "normal" the next day. 

Today I have on mat jeans and an oxford shirt.  Someone told me that they would never have guessed that I'm pregnant - and I have the bottom two buttons of the oxford open (with a tank top underneath) to allow room for my belly.

• Options

I felt the same way at that stage, (which was only a few weeks ago) but I popped over the last few weeks and have a somewhat looking pregnant belly..

It will come, it will..... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"