1st Trimester

When to tell???...

I am 7w 1d today and we just told our parents and siblings last night.  As exciting as that was, I woke up this morning with morning sickness before work.  I went in to work and tried to play it off as a "flu bug" as we aren't wanting to tell anyone else before our 12 week appointment.  The problem I'm having is when I have colleagues ask, "Are you pregnant?"  I feel TERRIBLE lying to them, but I don't know what else to do!!

Any advice out there??   

Re: When to tell???...

• We told our family and friends around 8 weeks, I told my boss around 11 weeks.  This time probably sooner because I just don't want the stress of keeping it a secret.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• I had my first u/s at 8 weeks 1 day (which turned out to really be 8 weeks 3 days according to the doctor) and he says that since the baby was looking healthy with a good heartbeat, I was in the lowest risk of m/c.

He says that, yes, most m/c happen by the 12th week, but really, that is an old fashioned number before they were able to check on the fetus this early. He says that in most cases, the doctor will be able to tell by the 8th week if it is going to be a viable preganacy.

I don't know if you have already had an u/s, but my advice is, if it looks healthy...TELL!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You do what makes you comfortable. If your ok with your co workers knowing and the chance that you could m/c then tell them. DOn't feel bad.

I told my co workers early in all three pregnancies. Unfortanatly I did miscarry twins. They were amazing in supporting me. I was ok with it. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

GL in whatever you decide

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would hate to have to deal with that!  I think it is so rude to ask someone if they are pregnant.  Why do people feel like they can put their nose into your business, jeez you will tell then when you are ready.

I would say something along the lines, "I don't have any news to share, but I will let you know when I do". 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"