Babies: 6 - 9 Months

She's pooped 7x today...diaper rash, etc. Help!!

LO normally poops 4-5x a day. She pooped 6x yesterday and 7x today, all runny/messy. She now has really bad diaper rash, very red and she cries when she pees and I wipe her, and it's breaking my heart  Sad  I've tried Desitin and A+D ointment and just using plain water to wash her, anyone have a good diaper rash treatment?? Also, why is she pooping so much?!? She seems fine, in a good mood and no temp. Any advice would be great, thanks! Also, should I bring her to the Dr on Monday??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She's pooped 7x today...diaper rash, etc. Help!!

• Simon has had diarrhea for the past few days because he is on antibiotics. Sad

What works for us is Triple Paste. I friggin love Triple Paste

• Wow she still poops 4-5 times normally? I would stop using wet wipes I have heard it can irritate and burn more. I CD and use the circo washcloths. It wouldn't hurt to call if she still has it. Hope she feels better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure her little tooshie is dry dry dry.  Did you try the purple Desitin?  That's what we use & it cleared up Bean's squirt-related rash like a dream in 2 days.
  • We went through this a couple weeks ago.. We used warm water and a wash cloth to wipe her, and used Desitin (maximum strength) you have to really slather it on thick.. Also, my pedi recommended vaseline if the desitin wasn't working, because it repels moisture more than desitin does.. Hope that helps!

• We had this before I realized D was having a reaction when I ate wheat. She was pooping so much and had diaper rash that made her sob one night:(

We use the Weleda diaper cream and I only use washable cloths and warm water. After she'd have a poop, I'd wash her off and let her dry totally before putting diaper cream on.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! Im gonna try the Triple Paste if this Desitin doesn't kick in by tomorrow. Her rash looks like it's gonna bleed or blister, its sooo red and raw. I try to change her righhhht away. I feel so bad   :( 

She does poop 4-5x a day normally (is that a lot??) and it's always soft/mushy, never like little turds (haha)  She FF and has solids 3x day....should I be concerned about her getting dehydrated?

• Has your LO gotten teeth yet? I haven't experienced it yet, but by what your describing is what my mom went through when my brother and I were teething when we were little. No help I know, but just a suggestion!

• DS poops once a day usually but lately it's been almost every other day.  Today was 3x.  He hasn't pooped that much in a long time!

He's FF and has solids 3x a day too.

His front 2 teeth are almost in but when he got his bottom 2 he never pooped this much.  Not much help sorry.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Air that bootie out.  I'd get her out of her diapers, put her on a blanket nakey on the floor.  Her little bottom probably needs some air in addition to the diaper rash ointment. 

Perhaps it's the extra saliva causing her to have loose stools.  I'm only guessing that perhaps she's teething? 

Sorry I'm not more help!

• Our daughter just got done having diarrhea for 3 weeks! She went from going once a day to 8x a day! For her, Desitin, Triple Paste etc didn't work. Her skin was so raw those wouldn't even stay on. We pulled her through it by giving her baking soda baths every night to neutralize the acid, plus airing her out whenever possible. regular Vaseline works wonders! It's the only treatment that would stay on and help heal her. The doctor thought it wasa virus by the way. Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My little guy has pooped 6-7 times / day forever. I feel like I spend my whole life trying to keep him from getting a rash. My big advice is warm cloths with water only for wiping and break out the blow dryer. Seriously. The warm, dry air really helps. I've had some success with the purple tube desitin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"