1st Trimester

A long shot - but anyone pregnant with RA? (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

Would love someone to talk to more about it!

Re: A long shot - but anyone pregnant with RA? (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

• I don't have RA but I have PA ( Psoriatic Arthritis).
  • I have RA.  I have been off all my meds for almost a year.  Pre-pregnancy I was struggling a bit, but somewhere in week 5 all my RA symptoms went away.  I can honestly say that right now I feel like I did before I had RA.  How are you doing?

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont have arthritis but I have a chronic back problem that causes low back pain.  I've been ok'd to take Tylenol 3 during pregnancy. (i was taking tramadol before).

Are you taking anything now?   

• There is a nestie on the Toddlers 24+ month board who has RA. Her name is *francisca* she's very active on here and has shared a lot of her struggles with her pregnancies (she has a toddler and twins). 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unfortunately, my arthritis hasn't gone into remission yet.  I'm on Enbrel injections and once I got pregnant, my rheumatologist suggested I go off of them.  I'm almost 12 weeks and just had a major flare up.  The doc put me back on the Enbrel injections, saying it's a clas B drug and he's treated pregnant women who were on Enbrel throughout their entire preg and went on to have happy and healthy babies.  It still makes me so nervous and anxious that I had to go back on Enbrel - not enough studies have really been done on pregnant women.  But the doc said if I didn't treat the flair ups, it would just get worse and worse.  So, I had to cave in and just do it. :)

It's nice knowing there are people out there going through it, too!  Anyone else also on immunosuppresant drugs during their pregnancy?

• imageAndreaGettingMarried:

Unfortunately, my arthritis hasn't gone into remission yet.  I'm on Enbrel injections and once I got pregnant, my rheumatologist suggested I go off of them.  I'm almost 12 weeks and just had a major flare up.  The doc put me back on the Enbrel injections, saying it's a clas B drug and he's treated pregnant women who were on Enbrel throughout their entire preg and went on to have happy and healthy babies.  It still makes me so nervous and anxious that I had to go back on Enbrel - not enough studies have really been done on pregnant women.  But the doc said if I didn't treat the flair ups, it would just get worse and worse.  So, I had to cave in and just do it. :)

It's nice knowing there are people out there going through it, too!  Anyone else also on immunosuppresant drugs during their pregnancy?

I saw a perinatologist before we started back up with IF treatments and they agreed with my rheumatologist and reproductive endocrinologist that using enbrel or any other immunosuppresant was off the table unless all other pain management options didn't work.  The peri was much more pro using pain meds rather than the RA meds.  I have also been doing accupuncture to help with my flares prior to pregnancy and while I was off my meds.  Have you looked into that or other alternative therapies?  

I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  I hope it gets better.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like a previous poster, I suffer from PA (psoriatic arthritis) and I'm curious about dealing with the every day pain.  I came down with Mono about three months before conception and got pulled off Cimzia. My doctor suggested I join a study called OTIS if we made the decision to go back on the meds to control the outbreaks, but they only marginally control my symptoms anyway.  What are you doing to help control the pain, OTC meds?  Generally I've been told to avoid Tylenol and Advil because of the way they're processed through your liver, but now I can't take Aleve.  I'm waiting on a Dr.'s appt. but for now it hurts to walk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"