3rd Trimester

For those hoping to jumpstart labor......

A friend of mine who had her 3rd baby in October was seeing a high risk doctor for this pregnancy.  The nurse at her practice told her that at the place she used to work, they started noticing a trend of women coming in in preterm labor....a majority of them had just recently eaten DOMINO's PIZZA!  They did a little further research into this and "apparently" Domino's uses a certain cheese with a prostoglandin in it that no other major pizza chain uses.

So my friend tested this theory...4 hours later her water broke!!!  It doesn't end there, she told another of our pregnant friends who ordered it for dinner one night and her water broke at 5am the next morning.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE, I told my boss' daughter about it, so she ordered it and low and behold, went into labor the next day.

No scientific proof to all of this and probably all just coincidence, I know, but funny nonetheless.

Good luck to you if you try it, couldn't hurt worse than castor oil and you'll probably get the same outcome Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those hoping to jumpstart labor......

• Oh for the love of god...

Pizza with prostaglandins??? 

This is the worst attempt at an urban legend I have ever SEEN!!!!!   I would say check Snopes.com but I'm sure even they would laugh at this.

• haha I bet I could convince my Dh that I need Pizza for that reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:

Oh for the love of god...

Give it 5 or 6 more weeks & you may just be tempted to down an entire large Dominoes pizza yourself to "test the theory." Just like with any other OWT... women try them because they're desperate, & going insane, not  because they think it sounds like awesome science.

On that note, DH has been saying he wants pizza for the past few nights. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Married my best friend, Chris, on 07/11/2009...
  • imagekensbride08:
    haha I bet I could convince my Dh that I need Pizza for that reason.

Yes ANY excuse is a good one, right?

• we eat dominos pizza ALL THE TIME and i dont believe that NWT (new wives tale) lol
  • imageValVail67:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

Give it 5 or 6 more weeks & you may just be tempted to down an entire large Dominoes pizza yourself to "test the theory." Just like with any other OWT... women try them because they're desperate, & going insane, not  because they think it sounds like awesome science.

I agree - wait until you guys get further along.  You can't sleep comfortably, belly is itching, yada yada yada.  You'll try anything!  While I personally doubt there is scientific truth behind this - it's a good excuse to eat pizza right? lol!

• imagekdodge423:

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on this site. And that's saying a lot.

Yes

• I thought this was a sarcastic post mocking the recent "I heard this made you go into labor/How do you start labor" posts. But now that I read the responses, I have to ask if this is serious? Or does she work for Domino's?

• imageRoseTor:
    imageValVail67:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

I agree - wait until you guys get further along.  You can't sleep comfortably, belly is itching, yada yada yada.  You'll try anything!  While I personally doubt there is scientific truth behind this - it's a good excuse to eat pizza right? lol!

First of all, I'm diabetic and I don't eat pizza.  Much less would I ever eat Dominoes.

Second, I knew how long I could be pregnant for, that being as much as 42 weeks.  I was prepared. 

I'm also not stupid enough to try these home induction techniques.

Third, I haven't slept comfortable in 7 months, so why should I care now? And if I get an itchy abdomen, I'll rub some lotion on it. 

• Being overdue might not even be a good enough reason to eat that nasty crap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageRoseTor:
    imageValVail67:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

First of all, I'm diabetic and I don't eat pizza.  Much less would I ever eat Dominoes.

Second, I knew how long I could be pregnant for, that being as much as 42 weeks.  I was prepared. 

Third, I haven't slept comfortable in 7 months, so why should I care now? And if I get an itchy abdomen, I'll rub some lotion on it. 

Other then the diabetic part, YES!  And although I have eaten Dominos, If I'm going to do pizza I want good pizza so....not so much Dominos.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGrahamSchneider:

I thought this was a sarcastic post mocking the recent "I heard this made you go into labor/How do you start labor" posts. But now that I read the responses, I have to ask if this is serious? Or does she work for Domino's?

Definitely don't work for Dominos!!!  And no, I'm not being serious, just thought it was funny!  My comment about the castor oil and dominos was referring to the fact that it may just give you a crampy stomach and the runs!

• Interesting, but I can't stand Domino's right now. I used to love it before this pregnancy, but the thought of it makes me want to vomit.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageRoseTor:
    imageValVail67:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

Man, that's a lot of suckiness with being diabetic & not sleeping well for 7 months. Explains why you're in no joking mood.

But on a sidenote: I really wish someone would've warned me that I could possibly be pregnant for 42 weeks. I can't believe I've been pregnant twice & never had that knowledge dropped on me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Married my best friend, Chris, on 07/11/2009...
  • Aside from this post sounding goofy, the fact that the cheese is supposed to have prostaglandins kind of freaks me out. Eww. Makes me wonder if there is a "special ingredient" that can only be added by male employees :-P

Even if it is most likely untrue, yet another reason to avoid Domino's *shudder*

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar
  • imagecruelsound:

If you ever see a car with its headlights off at night, don't flash your lights at them. They are definitely gang members who will spin the car around and kill you. Oh, and Jamie Lee Curtis is definitely a hermaphrodite.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

cruelsound for the win!! 

• *peeking in from a 3-6 mo board*

I TOTALLY would have tried this in my last few weeks of pregnancy, haha. I tried every wive's tale, old and new, to induce labour. Except castor oil. Some of the stories of how that ended scared me too much to give it a shot.

But hey, if you like pizza, why the heck not?

I did the labour cookies, spicy food, long walks, walking up and down stairs, lots of sex, etc, etc, etc. For at least a week. I went in to labour the day before my due date at 39 w. & 6 days. Sooo who knows if any of that stuff helped. I doubt it. But it was fun trying... and if I'd read this post then? I would have tried this too... cause I was definitely one of those miserable, absolutely unhappy pregnant ladies in my last week.

• guess what ill be eating on sunday lol ill test this out myself ty
  • hmmm..... interesting... My DH works for Dominoes and we get food for 50% off so we get food there probably once a week. so far I have had some conrtactions here and there but not labor.... but I am eating Dominoes as I type so we will see this time.... lol

Pizza

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageValVail67:

Man, that's a lot of suckiness with being diabetic & not sleeping well for 7 months. Explains why you're in no joking mood.

But on a sidenote: I really wish someone would've warned me that I could possibly be pregnant for 42 weeks. I can't believe I've been pregnant twice & never had that knowledge dropped on me!

Perhaps time for a new OB?  You never knew that you could be overdue by two weeks before they took action to induce?  

As for me, when I'm 40 weeks, I'm going to stand on one leg, wearing a feather in my hat, facing west, and sing "Hotel California".  I totally heard that words.  

• imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageRoseTor:
    imageValVail67:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

Good grief - no need to be such a crab about a comment! jeesh!

First - I don't care what you do or do not eat.  i happen to enjoy a slice of pizza every now and then

Second - I don't think anyone is stupid for trying things. It's all in fun.  And many places wont let you get to 42 weeks before they try to induce. 

Third - sucks that you haven't slept comfortable in 7 months.   And if you do get an itchy abdomen I hope rubbing lotion on it works.  It doesn't with me and it itches to high heaven no matter what I do. 

• imageLNwalker81:

Aside from this post sounding goofy, the fact that the cheese is supposed to have prostaglandins kind of freaks me out. Eww. Makes me wonder if there is a "special ingredient" that can only be added by male employees :-P

Even if it is most likely untrue, yet another reason to avoid Domino's *shudder*

I totally thought this too.  About a year ago a Domino's male employee was caught doing just this.  It was all over the news for a few weeks and I am pretty sure that specific Domino's location ended up shutting down.  Yuck!Ick!

• imagelarrysdarling:

Being overdue might not even be a good enough reason to eat that nasty crap.

Yes

• Do you know how far along they were?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"