3rd Trimester

Anxiety about names

So here is a little background information. DH and I were 100% sure on naming our little guy Calvin. A month ago my cousin had her baby and chose the name Calvin. We were a little disapointed and DH is still pouting about it but we had a backup which was always my favorite of the two, Lane.

Now that I've been saying Lane for so long it feels so natural but now DH doesn't like the name as much. He opened the baby name book and now we have 7 names on the list and only 3 or 4 that I approve of. What do you guys honestly think. Both DH and I have unisex names that are fairly unique but not crazy. Our last name is Klein.

Our list:

Lane Daniel - Feels the most natural and seems to fit our style better

Beckett David - Love this name and the nn Beck but it doesn't feel right when we say it.

Jackson Reid - I always thought I would name my first this name

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anxiety about names

• I like Lane Daniel and Jackson Reid
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMadison830:
    imageSouthMinnieAppleMama:

So here is a little background information. DH and I were 100% sure on naming our little guy Calvin. A month ago my cousin had her baby and chose the name Calvin. We were a little disapointed and DH is still pouting about it but we had a backup which was always my favorite of the two, Lane.

Now that I've been saying Lane for so long it feels so natural but now DH doesn't like the name as much. He opened the baby name book and now we have 7 names on the list and only 3 or 4 that I approve of. What do you guys honestly think. Both DH and I have unisex names that are fairly unique but not crazy. Our last name is Klein.

Our list:

Lane Daniel - Feels the most natural and seems to fit our style better

Beckett David - Love this name and the nn Beck but it doesn't feel right when we say it.

Jackson Reid - I always thought I would name my first this name

I like these two the best, while I do really like Lane, when you take out the middle name I don't know if it flows as well with your last name as the other two do. I do really like all three - I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! And, FWIW, I do like the nn Beck, too!

I guess I fibbed a little on our last name. It's a two syllable name and it starts with Klein. Otherwise you're right Lane Klein sounds kind of choppy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like Jackson...Reid is just OK for me. I like Beckett David too. I also like Daniel as a mn.

Lane is not strong enough for me to like for a boy, tons of little girls named Lainey out there.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I really like Beckett David Klein!!
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • How about Beckett Lane
  • I like Lane Daniel, but agree with pp that Lane Klein doesn't flow as well as the others.

Beckett David is a great name.

Jackson Reid is a great name too, and probably my favorite of the three.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Of your list I like Jackson Reid best, what about Lane Beckett?
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"